Garmspot Nigeria Limited is one of the fastest growing online retail stores in Nigeria, that specializes in creating, producing, marketing and distribution of cutting edge urbanwear brands, contemporary designs, and fashion accessories and beauty and grooming products.
Company Accountant/Financial Controller
- The Company Accountant is required to ensure records of business transactions are kept in good order to bolster proper accountability and measurement of performance.
- The accounting officer shall provide financial information to management by researching, maintaining and analyzing management data & preparing reports as it relates to the company ‘Garmspot’ and its subsidiary ‘Garmprint’.
- The accountant shall be reporting to Management and Garmspot’s Directors. The candidate will be required to develop and implement solutions for improving the finance/accounting function of the company.
- Prepares forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel and direct their work activities
- Summarises current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, financial reports and other financial statements to assess accuracy and ensure these reports conform to reporting and procedural standards.
- Prepares financial statements that may include monthly, quarterly and annual accounts based on financial information that is compiled and organized.
- Prepares asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Computes taxes owed and prepares tax returns, ensuring compliance with payments, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Analyses business operations, financial forecasts, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations to project future revenues and expenses to provide effective advice and reporting where required.
- Advises on expenditure and revenue trends
- Develops, maintains and analyses budgets; prepares periodic reports, and compares budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Liaises with Office Assistants and Procurement officer to develop, implement, modify and document recordkeeping, inventory management and accounting system using current technology.
- Works closely with the Admin department to administer payroll and other functions related to remuneration of staff.
- Surveys operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by analyzing account information and substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents
- Secures financial information by completing database backups and maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Ensures proper and effective accounting procedure by researching and interpreting accounting policy regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality with operations and customer confidence.
- Accomplishes results and contributes to team efforts by performing required duties .
Skills & Other Requirements
- OND/HND/B.Sc. in Accounting or Finance from a recognized institution.
- Should be ACCA or ICAN certified
- Knowledge of basic accounting software usage such as Peachtree or Sage.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Clients (Word, Excel & Powerpoint).
- Must have previous experience dealing with reconciliations, invoices, and sales ledgers.
- Proficiency in budgeting and budgetary controls
- Strong analytical, technical, numeracy and financial skills to aid in executing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strategic planning and thinking abilities.
- Articulate with adequate communication skills, interpersonal skills, strong teambuilding abilities, and negotiation skills.
- Good problemsolving skills and the ability to apply initiative in executing tasks.
- We are looking for a talented Web Designer to create amazing user experiences.
- The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design.
- They should also have superior user interface design skills.
- The successful candidate will be able to translate highlevel requirements into interaction flows and artifacts. They will be able to transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final handoff to engineering
- Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Proven work experience as a web designer
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to usersystem interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Uptodate with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- The Garmspot Graphics Designer is responsible for using graphic software applications for creating visual design elements that can be used on the website, social media, packaging, print materials, and other visual media.
- The designer is responsible for crafting designs that represent the marketing concepts and goals of Garmspot and its clients.
- Using advanced graphics software and other technology, the visual communications designer is able to create content as basic as a brochure, or as complex as a full length animation.
- This role is for a creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgement and willingness to collaborate within a team environment.
- He/She would be an integral part of every stage in the creative process from conceptualization to amendments.
- Meet with clients, the CTO and the Director for Creative & Design to determine the scope of a project.
- Advise relevant parties on strategy appropriate to reach the desired audience.
- Present designs to clients and the appropriate directors as well as incorporate recommended changes into the final design.
- Select colors, images, textures and shapes to create the layout
- Prepare and upload product images and related visuals for the company site.
- Create visuals that identify a product, convey a message, or both.
- Select the size and arrangement of the different elements.
- Use computer software to create electronic versions of designs.
- Employ color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques when designing project.
- Develop signs and environmental graphics.
- Create promotional displays, packaging, and marketing brochures for Garmspot and its subsidiaries.
- Develop the layout and production design of magazines, newspapers, journals, corporate reports, and other publications.
- Remain well informed on competitors and design trends.
- Submit rough drafts to management for approval and make changes upon request.
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing.
- Review website for anomalies.
Skills & Other Requirements
- Must have strong communication skills as the designer must be able to work with clients, PR & senior staff.
- Good multitasking and organizational skills are required to keep up with dynamic occupational tasks.
- Solid business skills would aid in helping the designer understand the target market and aid in developing strategy to engage them
- Visual Ideation/Creativity
- Design Software (Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects etc.)
- Color Theory
- Web Design/Basic HTML & CSS
- Layout/Conversion Optimization
- Print Design.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Specialist to help us in our overall marketing efforts. You will be an integral part of the development and execution of marketing plans to reach targets from brand awareness to product promotion.
A Marketing specialist should be a competent professional able to grasp consumer behavior trends and generate creative ideas. You should also be well versed in specialized marketing concepts, principles and tactics.
The goal is to deliver effective marketing programs that will help our reputation and growth.
- Conduct market research to find answers about consumer requirements, habits and trends
- Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns
- Assist in outbound or inbound marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas (content development and optimization, advertising, events planning etc.)
- Liaise with external vendors to execute promotional events and campaigns
- Collaborate with marketing and other professionals to coordinate brand awareness and marketing efforts
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, email, TV etc.)
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies
- Undertake individual tasks of a marketing plan as assigned
- Proven experience as marketing specialist or similar role
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/Social media etc.) and market research methods
- Demonstrable experience in marketing data analytics and tools
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, marketing software (Adobe Creative Suite & CRM) and applications (Web analytics, Google Adwords etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and web development tools (e.g. Dreamweaver) desired
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Commercial awareness partnered with a creative mind
- B.Sc/BA in Marketing, Communications or equivalent
- Garmspot’s Company Secretary would be required to perform a variety of administrative tasks. Duties include providing support to employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing the company’s general administrative activities. The secretary shall be required to operate across.
Performs secretarial tasks of a confidential nature including but not limited to producing letters, reports, memorandums, distributes emails, etc.
- Organize & Schedule Appointments
- Update and maintain office policies & procedures.
- Schedule, prepare material for meetings and handle minutetaking
- Manage Daily, Weekly & Monthly agenda, arrange new meetings and other appointments.
- File and update contact lists and information on employees, customers, suppliers and external partners.
- Maintain records and research on new brands & suppliers
- Liaise with procurement officer and the designated office assistant to ensure records are updated at the required intervals to facilitate prompt and effective brand reporting Records include
- Inventory Sheets
- Sales Reports
- Expenditure Records
- Invoice Files
- Preparation of brand reports for partner brands when required
- Work Closely with the procurement officer to effectively monitor office supplies and ensure appropriate orders are made as at when due.
- Monitor key performance indicators on the website and develop plans to improve them.
- Investigate and report any technical/operational issues arising on the website
Skills & other Requirements
- An understanding of web analytics software that tracks the success of the Garmspot Site
- Understanding of order management/customer fulfilment in an ecommerce context
- Familiar with data management
- Basic understanding of Google products such as Webmaster Tools & Analytics would be desirable
- Considerable proficiency in Microsoft Office and excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- High Degree of Multitasking, Time Management & the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail & ProblemSolving skills.
- Frequent handling of telephone communications
- Must be able to work without direct supervision. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Possess a strong understanding of our products, our competition in the industry and positioning.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV’s to: email@example.com