GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Job: Finance Early Career Development Program – (ECDP)
Early Career Develop Program-SSA is a 12- month program designed to develop entry-level talent for GE businesses across Africa. The program purpose is to build expertise and leadership skills in specific areas of finance. The program includes classroom and online trainings. Candidates will undertake challenging assignments and benefit of exposure to GE senior leaders.
As a key pipeline for future GE talent, the candidate will be required to provide support to the business in area such as financial planning, accounting services, operation analysis, controllership, forecasting, treasury, and commercial finance. As a controllership support, some of the task a candidate will be required to perform include account reconciliation, Statutory & GAP reporting, supporting the inventory management & Reconciliation; balance sheet variance analysis and simplification processes. in Financial planning and analysis, a candidate will be required to Collate relevant documentation required for revenue recognition; Prepare monthly/quarterly account reconciliation and ensure timely closure of open items. In accounting services a candidate may be required to perform tasks in order to allow the local ME (Management Entity) produce interim and annual accurate Financial Statements, in this case the candidate will be needed to organize filings in accurate and sequenced manner to allow auditors and tax authorities to inspect the accounts.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting sciences or related field ; GPA greater than or equal 3.0/4.0 overall; Authorized to work in one’s country full time without restrictions; must have advanced to fluent level of English; ability to work in fast paced changing environment, Demonstrated team player; Confident self starter who has demonstrated drive; ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and work to meet deadlines
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
– Strong attention to detail ensuring timely follow-up and closure.
– Clear, concise and articulate communication skills – verbal, written and listening.
– Able to take on ad-hoc assignments and work flexible hours as required.
– Demonstrated leadership ability
– High performer with a passion to achieve positive business results
– Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set
– Flexible, adaptable, and open to change
– Ability to handle business sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity.
– Good organizational and efficiency skills;
– Experience working within a very busy environment where deadlines are clearly defined and must be met.
– Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations
Job Segments: Developer, Pipeline, Financial, Entry Level, Technology, Energy, Finance
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply