General Electric (GE) is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
General Electric (GE) is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: General Electric (GE) Africa Internship Program
Job Number: 2790629
Business: GE Power
Business Segment: Power Marketing & Strategy
- This internship has been designed to give university students challenging work assignments, developmental feedback, and exposure to leadership.
- The duration of our internship program spans a period of 3 – 6 months, and combines hands-on experience with formal performance feedback to help participants transition from a collegial environment to the workplace.
The ideal candidate for the role will work with the Revenue & Marketing team in GE to drive the following responsibilities:
- Receive and process incoming sales leads generated from Revenue Marketing Campaigns
- Comply with Process Rules and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- All leads must be initially contacted within 2 business days.
- For Nurture leads, Screener to make calls every two weeks to follow up on status of Prospects Project / Need.
- Screener to be co-located with GE Salesperson at an In-Country GE Commercial Office
- Screener to participate in Bi-Weekly calls as needed to provide update on leads progression
- Screener to report directly to local; GE Distributed Power sales manager; dotted line to GE Power Revenue Marketing Services Ldr
- Screener required to call via phone each Prospect and engage the Prospect in Discovery conversation. Ten specific questions will be asked and Screener is to record those responses in an Excel Template
- Screener Required to perform basic functions in Salesforce.com such as uploading Call Discovery File, changing Lead Status and changing Lead Owner for Sales Qualified Leads
- Current Undergraduate in the University
- Excellent ‘people’ skills and phone conversation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel,
- Business, Engineering or Communications Major preferred; others considered
- Must be available to begin an internship from January 2017
- Prior Experience using salesforce,.com preferred but not required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply