General Ledger Supervisor Recruitment at APM Terminals
APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P. Moller-Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail sectors – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: General Ledger Supervisor
- Performing accounting functions for financial segment of business including assisting in preparation and analysis of monthly financial and management reports;
- Monitor transactions and bank account on a regular basis;
- Ensuring proper accounting and timely payment of statutory dues like WHT/VAT/PAYE;
- Perform financial analysis of business as assigned by Asst. Manager/Accounting Manager, Finance;
- Liaise with auditors, banks, statutory authorities FIRS, other external authorities;
- Assist in preparing monthly financial and assist in audit requests as assigned;
- Perform month expense and balance sheet account reconciliation and analysis for review by the Asst. Manager.Accounting Manager, Finance;
- Coordinating and/or working on special projects as assigned by the Asst. Finance Manager or Finance Manage/Accounting Manager;
- Assist A,F,M in preparing monthly reconciliation file and internal control file.
- Gathering data through file research or discussion with sales/estimators in order to answer questions and compile backup information for further collection efforts;
- Preparing work papers for audit and pre-qualification purposes;
- Performing back-up functions for various cost positions and specific tasks assigned by Asst. Finance Manager/Accounting Manager from time to time.
Who we are looking for
- Requires a university degree in Accounting;
- Requires at least two years post graduation experience;
- Good Computer literacy in Excel, Access and Internet;
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities;
- Knowledge of import procedures and related activities
Application Closing Date:
23rd April, 2014
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online