General Manager – Drilling Fluid Engineer At An Indigenous Company
An indigenous Company in the Oil & Gas sector has an opportunity for hardworking, goal driven, focused, creative and qualified candidates that can cope in a fast paced environment, to fill the vacant position.
The positions are location/offshore based and therefore on equal rotation basis.
General Manager – Drilling Fluid Engineer
Manages all activities related to drilling fluid services, technical personnel via personnel assignments, job or project management, administration and technical support. Be customer focused, strategy minded and in a comfortable position to drive corporate vision.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Lead multiple Mud Logging operations for the purpose of ensuring the delivery of quality customer service, world class safely and business segment efficiency.
- Maintain customer contacts for the purpose of assessing local needs and service quality.
- Work closely with the business development manager to develop local service pricing strategies.
- Co- ordinates and review employee development and training needs.
- Leads, communicates and motivates all mud logging personnel.
- Ensures that the bulk liquid (mud & brine) and dry bulk (barite, bentonite) plants are operating safely, correctly and efficiently.
- Be the clients focal point for drilling operations
- Prepares comprehensive job analysis, proposals, and bid preparation for customer evaluation.
- Proofreads, edits, and reviews written quote material during proposal effort to ensure customer defined requirements are met
Essential Qualifications/ Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 10 years’ experience in an oilfield operations environment.
- Thorough understanding of processes and procedures relating to Drilling Fluids and laboratory services
- Ability louse highly specialized and advanced skills, knowledge and techniques in problem recognition and solution development
- Hands-on on proposal/quote documentation
- Previous oil & gas sector experience is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates are requested to submit ONLY electronic copy of their detailed resume and copy letter, using the position applying for as subject to: [email protected]
Multiply applications shall be rejected.