General Manager Recruitment at Mark Calthers Consulting
Mark Calthers Consulting is a Management Consulting firm with a broad spectrum of consulting services, from visioning and strategy to detailed design, from implementation and capacity building to realizing and sustaining value.
Our client, owners of a new Luxury Apartments, seek a smart and experienced Hotel General Manager with a strong work ethic to oversee the day to day supervision of the market performance of the hotel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Updating the property strategic plan prior to the annual planning process.
- Help create and execute the financial objectives of the hotel.
- Ensuring that the annual planning process is completed in a timely basis, to include the sales and marketing plan, operating budget, capital budget. and human resource plan.
- Keeping the corporate office and the owners informed of important decisions, hotel progress, etc. on a regular basis.
- Works closely with the Chairman for Sales and to develop, implement, and monitor the Sales and Marketing plan.
- In consultation with the Chairman, initiate expansion plans for the facilities with time lines
- Becoming actively involved in the activities of the Abuja community and contributing to their success.
- Taking frequent tours of the property to ensure that the quality of the facilities is maintained at a high level.
- Interacting with customers on a daily basis and continuing to innovate based on their input.
- Lead and develop hotel staff to achieve high performance.
- Ability to review and interpret profit and loss statements.
- Lead all operational managers to success on daily, weekly, monthly and annual action plans related to property strategic plan.
- Plan, organize, facilitate, attend, and/or participate in various hotel and departmental meetings,
- Other duties as assigned and required by the operation.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or HND from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience is required.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a hospitality industry in a management level position is required.
- Previous managerial experience in hospitality industry strongly preferred
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate a team as well as interact with the highest levels of the organization.
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office products specifically Excel as well as Business Intelligence and reservations systems.
Application Closing Date
22nd April, 2014.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send a letter of application by email, along with their CV and quoting the vacant position being applied for to:email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.