Graduate Creative Editor (Fashion) At DealDey
Our company philosophy is simple: We help great businesses be found by consumers who are looking for a great deal. Our members and featured businesses are treated with utmost care and respect. Our primary motive is to keep both our customers and merchants happy and coming back every day. Our mantra for DealDey is a few lines from Ben Okri’s “Lines in Potentis”
- Tell everyone the idea is to function together
- As good musicians would
- In undefined future orchestras.
- Let the energy of commerce flow,
- Let the vision of art heal.
- Technology, provide the tools.
Creative Editor (Fashion)
Reports to: Head of Content Management
Function: Fashion Editor
The Creative Editor (Fashion) will own the fashion editorial content and process and ensure a high level of creativity and fashion expertise is achieved. The role holder will create compelling fashion trend stories, fashion tips and advice and other mechanisms that meet the needs of the customers and influence them to purchase.
• Collaborate with the Content Management department to combine stories and photos
• Plan photo shoots
• Ensure all details related to fashion for photo shoots are planned and executed, including coordination of samples/clothing for photo shoots and providing stock photography as needed
• Follow through with the production process
• Attend or lead creative input meetings to develop creative strategies
• Responsible for casting crews for shoots
• Generate ideas beyond assigned projects
• Monitor current industry trends and competitive landscape; make recommendations to the Fashion Purchasing Team
• Partner with Fashion Purchasing Team to select key fashion products and secure adequate and timely samples for photography
• Fact-check to ensure the accuracy of all information featured in every editorial piece
• Continually assess performance at the messaging level to improve revenue and awareness
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of a University degree in any discipline
• Come from a fashion retail background
• Have strong knowledge of ecommerce and affinity with online fashion marketing
• Must be fashion savvy and process-driven with the ability to oversee the production of all fashion content from inception to completion
• Have aesthetic flair and creativity
• Possess strong management and organizational skills
• Possess strong communication skills
• Have casting experience
• Supervisory skills
• Ability to schedule and prioritize work
• Be attentive to detail and very technical
The following skills are essential:
• Analytical ability
• Creative imagination and problem solving
• Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates whose experience and competencies match the job profile should send their CV as an email attachment with the subject “CREATIVE EDITOR – DD/CM/CE/0714” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Validity: 8th August, 2014