Graduate Engineer.IP Core Transmission At Etisalat Nigeria
Etisalat Nigeria commenced commercial operations on 23 October 2008 with a promise to deliver innovative and quality services in Nigeria, Since then, Nigeria has continued to witness its innovative services.
Etisalat redefined speed with the roll-out of the unique 3.75G HSPA+ network and It has continued to prove itself an innovative company keen to give its subscribers the best possible experience at the most affordable price.
Its innovation has led to the growth of its active subscriber base to over 20 million. Today, Etisalat has network coverage in all 36 states of the federation including Abuja, the federal capital territory as it continues to build its network and expand to new locations.
In March 2009, the NCC adjudged Etisalat as Nigeria’s best network based on quality of service indices measured by the regulatory body; in 2011 after a similar assessment, Etisalat’s network was once again rated best. To date, Etisalat Nigeria has won several industry awards for its innovation and quality service delivery. Some of these include: Brand of the Year, Fast Growing GSM Company of the Year, Best Marketing Company, Most Innovative Corporate Social Responsibility Company, Friendliest Tariff Mobile Operator and Best Telecoms Customer Service among others.
Engineer.IP Core Transmission
Plan and design the Transmission IP Core network to support 2G and 3G sites rollout and any other IP requests for the entire Etisalat Nigeria Network
· Plan and design the IP MPLS, VPNs and VLANS IP network for the various core network services.
· Plan and design end to end core transmission equipment and routers with adequate capacity to support the network roll out.
· Assists in the design, planning and optimization of packet switching components of Etisalat core network, systems and platforms.
· Provides inputs in translating Etisalat business plan and subscriber growth assumptions into requirements for the core network packet switching system.
· Daily monitoring of IP BB Transmission bandwidth utilization and proactive provisioning of additional bandwidth on routes noticed to be prone to congestion.
· Participate in planning the transmission business cases and the yearly budgets plans.
· Engage the vendors (during each phase of the rollout) on the suitability and adaptability of proposed equipment and solutions before procurement.
· Implement OAM on all the IP transmission nodes in the network via IP VPN technology. (BSC, OSN, Routers), including last mile microwave radios.
· Support transmission team in daily transmission activity.
· Develop, maintain and update regular records of the deployed IP core equipment.
· Plan and Ensure redundancy, scalability and security are reflected in the IP core design and BoQ.
· Generate work orders for IP Core change requests to Operations and deployment team.
· Maintain in-depth knowledge and databases of existing IP core for Etisalat network infrastructure.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the manager transmission network.
First degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Electronic/Telecommunication.
Experience,Skills & Competencies
· One to two years post NYSC work experience
· Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
· Network Capacity Management
· IP Technologies
· Problem Solving
· Passion for Excellence
· Empowering people
· Growing people
· Team work
· Customer Focus