Graduate Logistics Assistant- Supply Chain Needed At Weatherford – Oil & Gas
Weatherford is one of the largest diversified upstream oilfield service companies in the world. Our global network includes more than 67,000 people, 1000 service bases, 87 manufacturing facilities, and 16 technology and training centers in more than 100 countries.
Our products and services span the lifecycle of a well, including drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention. The Company’s range of production-enabling technologies include evaluation services, directional drilling services, controlled pressure drilling (CPD®) systems, cased hole completion systems, expandable technologies, intelligent completion technologies, production optimization systems and all major forms of artificial lift.
Logistics Assistant- Supply Chain
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Business Unit: Supply Chain
- Will assist the Logistics Controller in the handling of the daily logistics for Nigeria re import and export consignments
- Focus will be on the successful handling of the importation of inbound Weatherford materials and spares for ongoing projects ensuring that imports are processed by the appointed inport agent in compliance with company international code of conduct as well as local/international anti-corruption laws
- Following instructions of the Logistics Controller process as part of the import procedure manage Form M import notifications and expedite RAR’s from Pre Inspection/Trade Assurance agencies based in Nigeria.
- Monitor duty payments to Nigerian customs via the banking system expediting duty payments on DDP consignments with weekly reporting to the Logistics Controller.
- As directed by the Logistics Controller implement cost saving measures to reduce shipment cost
- Assist the Logistics Controller in the coordination of import and export consignments, focusing on imports improving lead times in a compliant manner
- Assist as directed in the generation and capture of revenue by cost control within area of responsibility and ensuring that invoices are processed speedily
- Maintain customs documentation re import and export records, and will be expected to contribute to the successful passing of internal and external audits
- Assist in the daily liaison between Weatherford and its appointed import agent in Nigeria, as directed by the Logistics Coordinator.
- Participate in stock checks and other Asset Control measures as directed by the Logistics Coordinator.
- Ensure that custom broker invoices are thoroughly checked against rates structure and TLA’s that are in place make sure
- Prepare freight vendor performance reporting, as well as reporting to Logistics Controller all non-conformance issues on a monthly basis.
- Track all Weatherford shipments and provision of update on a weekly basis. Actively participate in all QHSE activities and promote good housekeeping
•Good university degree
•Good computer skills
Minimum of 1 year experience within the oil and gas, with logistics experience or training, gained from working in customs clearing and freight forwarding environment.
Educated to good university level standard
Should have logistics and custom based knowledge
Experience of Microsoft Software, i.e. Word, Excel.
Must have good numeric and literacy skills.
Must have good organizational skills and the ability to maintain records and log events efficiently.
Must have good communication skills.
Supervisory / Leadership skills.
Knowledge of logistics and supply chain management
Good knowledge of company policies
only national from this location will be considered
See more vacancies at Weatherford here