Graduate Marketing Officer Needed At American University Of Nigeria
The AUN Hotel is seeking for a Marketing Officer. This position is a local one open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Title: Marketing Officer
Department: AUN Hotel
Opening Date: 16th October, 2014
Closing Date: 24th October, 2014
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Accomplishes business development activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans; implementing sales plans
- Producing literatures and other relevant articles that will project the image of the hotel in a positive way.
- Coordinate the production of a wide range of communication and publicize the hotel.
- Schedule marketing events and exhibitions for the hotel.
- Writing articles and promotional materials for hotel on website, hand bills and bill boards.
- Creating strategies for meeting hotel target as per budget projection.
- Upload, update and maintain hotel adverts in/on online libraries, internet groups, magazines, agencies and social media sites.
- Prepares departmental reports and maintains department’s databases.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
- Serve as image-maker for the hotel.
- Knowledge of cost-benefit analysis of viable marketing strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in any social sciences.
- Must have an imaginative mind and the initiative to do things.
- Must have stamina to remain focused and resolute in regular stressful and tiring job conditions.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable, mature and resilient
- Must have good oral and written communication skills. Should be able to communicate effectively with top management, fellow managers, and subordinates and with the general public. It is an advantage if you can also speak foreign languages.
- Must have computer proficiency, competence in using word-processing and database applications.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
Skills: Advertisement Planning and Strategy, Marketing Concepts, Positioning, Territory Management, Sales Planning, Competitive Analysis, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Client Relationships, Creative Services.
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AUN Hotel is an equal-opportunity and non-discriminatory employer. Our strength lies in the multicultural community that exists within our campuses, where we strive to build a widely diverse workforce.