Graduate Opportunity At French Agency for Development – AFD
The Agence Française de Développement (French Agency for Development – AFD) is a public development finance institution that has been working to fight poverty and foster economic growth in developing countries and the French Overseas Provinces for seventy years.
Chargé (e) projects
A specialized financial institution present on five continents and communities overseas, the French Development Agency (AFD) supports large-scale economic projects in the areas of urban development and infrastructure development rural, industry, financial systems as well as in education and health.
A post of International Voluntary (VI) is to be filled in February 2015 within the agency AFD Abuja (NIGERIA).
Under the authority of the Director and Deputy Director of the Agency Abuja on / the incumbent’s main task will track the AFD project portfolio to ECOWAS (Economic Community of States of the West Africa), but will also provide support on rural development projects at national level. He / she will be taken (e) ensuring the Acting Chargé (e) missions Rural Water-Development.
Linked to the geographical, technical and legal departments at headquarters, the / VI will also be responsible for ensuring the following main tasks
1. Operational monitoring rural development project portfolio and Food Security AFD:
- Support the identification and project instruction in the rural development sector in Nigeria and regional (loans, guarantees, participation, delegations fund grants on the 11th EDF);
- Monitoring of ongoing projects in support of ECOWAS: Food Security for West African Populations, fight against Fruit Fly, Regional Food Security Reserve;
- Participation in dialogue with ECOWAS partners, including the European Union, the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation and Development, Inter-State Committee for the Fight against Drought in the Sahel.
2. Monitoring the AFD strategy and sectoral policies:
- Contribute to the strategic thinking of the AFD in Nigeria;
- Ensure sectoral monitoring in the field of rural development at regional level;
- Participate in industry groups in the areas of intervention of the Agency and the work of the authorities and donors in the context of sector coordination groups.
3. Support for communication and intellectual production of AFD in Nigeria and regional level:
- Support for the development of the agency’s communication tools (events, website);
- Participation in the intellectual production of AFD in skills areas and distribute the works from the beneficiaries.
The assignment to Abuja is scheduled for mid-February 2015.
Deadline for applications: 31 December 2014.
- Graduate (e) of an engineering school or agronomist or a business school, you have at a very good understanding of issues related to development assistance. You have experience in education or project management (project cycle, monitoring / evaluation, procurement …)
- You have knowledge in the field of rural development and food security. Additional training and / or experience in banking finance and / or company is also desired.
- You justify a successful track one to three years as part of development aid or North / South relations.
- A knowledge of the procedures of the AFD and / or the European Union would be a real asset.
- With (e) of good interpersonal skills and a strong ability to adapt to different cultural and sociological context, you demonstrate initiative, autonomy and rigor in your work.
- You have excellent writing skills, analysis and synthesis. You are provided (e) high reliability and a very good sense of organization and reporting (ability to work with deadlines).
- Fluency in English both oral and written as well as office tools are essential for this position.
Note: Stay of Civilian Volunteers in International is regulated (be a national of a Member State of the European Union and under the age of 29 years): For more information, you can log on the website CIVI (Information Centre for International Volunteers) www.civiweb.com
- Location: Abuja
- Min level studies. Required: Bac + 5 / M 2
- Language / level: French: Operational and autonomous
- Language / Level: English: Operational and autonomous
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.