Graduate Procurement Officer Vacancy At Weatherford – Oil & Gas
Weatherford is one of the largest diversified upstream oilfield service companies in the world. Our global network includes more than 67,000 people, 1000 service bases, 87 manufacturing facilities, and 16 technology and training centers in more than 100 countries.
Our products and services span the lifecycle of a well, including drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention. The Company’s range of production-enabling technologies include evaluation services, directional drilling services, controlled pressure drilling (CPD®) systems, cased hole completion systems, expandable technologies, intelligent completion technologies, production optimization systems and all major forms of artificial lift.
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Business Unit: Supply Chain
Job Location: Nigeria – Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- The Holder is to ensure that all supplies are made in a compliant manner in accordance with the Federal Corrupt and Practices Act or FCPA. He will also play active part in the stores activities ensuring that material is managed in the most effective manner both in terms of cost and service level. To make sure Goods received are correct with the right paperwork.
- The Job holder is responsible for ensuring that all Weatherford requirements and procedures relating to health, safety, environment and quality of materials are rigorously adhered to, and to also ensure that all contractors comply with these policies and procedures.
- The principal responsibility of the Procurement/Store Officer is to support the activities that revolve around the purchase of materials for the base or offshore use. Also responsible for the general coordination of the store activities.
- Making sure that the goods supplied are of proper quality; MSDS data sheet cards issued in the case of lubricants being received, and certificate of conformity issued for slings.
KEY DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive all requisitions for Local Procurement as well as services
- Achieve and record cost savings
- Ensure that the items requested for are properly detailed in order to avoid receiving the wrong goods.
- Actively participate in the setting up of Frame Agreements when and where required..
- Collate market survey price
- Raise LPO’s to successful vendors, also monitor that the good are delivered within two days of the issuance of the Purchase Order.
- Liase with Vendors and End user to ensure that correct materials specification is provided.
- Generate Reports as required by the Supply Chain Manager .
- Maintain an updated LPO log which enables us track and monitor all LPO’s issued.
- Keep an updated record of LPO’s issued with all relevant documents in the event of an audit.
- Advise the Supply chain Manager on ways and means to reduce cost.
- Set up frame Agreement and coordinating activities with the supply base, when and where required.
- Ensure that the storekeeper keeps track of his min- max balance, which will enable him forecast ahead.
- Ensure that all store processes are adhered to and according to procedure.
- Play active part in physical inventory of store materials
- Actively participate in appraisal performance reviews of commodity buyers with supply chain management
- To assist other departments in meeting their goals and objectives as directed
- Provide Technical and commercial assistance to the end user
- To participate in and to meet the goals of all training allotted to you
- Any other duties that are deemed required by the Supply Chain Manager.
- B.Sc., Good computer skills, Knowledge of company policies and knowledge of endeca.
- Qualification covering competency objectives of Local Procurement Coordinator.
- Minimum of 2 year experience in Supply Chain Management.
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Being proactive
- The ability to communicate with peers and Managers.
- Good customer and employee interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skill, especially in English.
- Literate on computer software’s; Excel, word, Power point, Outlook
Only nationals from this location will be considered