The SLoCaT Partnership on Sustainable Transport (SLoCaT) is a multi-stakeholder partnership of over 90 organizations (representing UN organizations, Multilateral and Bilateral development organizations, NGOs and Foundations, Academe and the Business Sector).
SLoCaT is a Type II Partnership under the United Nations, meaning that it is a non-legal and non-binding partnership. The SLoCaT Partnership is hosted by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DESA).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Research Intern
- SLoCaT Partnership is looking for a research intern who has a strong interest in global policies on transport, sustainable development, and climate change.
- He or she will work directly with the SLoCaT Secretariat, which is based in Changning District in Shanghai, China.
- SLoCaT is a multi-stakeholder partnership promoting the integration of sustainable transport in global policies on sustainable development and climate change. Its more than 90 members include UN agencies, multi-lateral and bilateral development organisations, nongovernmental organisations, transport business sector comp es, universities and research institutions.
- The SLQC Foundation (officially “Stichting Partnership on Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport (SLoCaT) Foundation was established in August 2014 in The Hague, the Netherlands to enable, facilitate and support the SLoCaT Partnership in promoting sustainable, low carbon transport.
- The research intern will be mainly responsible for providing research support on sustainable transport based on one or more of the following five work streams of SLoCaT Partnership:
- Results Framework on Sustainable Transport
- Financing Framework for Sustainable Transport
- Collaborative Work Program on Sustainable Transport and Poverty
- Work Program on Transport and Climate Change :
- Rural Transport
- Detailed information and plans under the five work streams can be found in the SLoCaT Partnership Work Programme 2015-2016.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The internship with SLoCaT Partnership will focus on the following areas with potential for expansion into other areas depending on the needs of the organisation:
- Using spreadsheet and other software to analyse qualitative data; assist in generating data summaries with graphics and tables;
- Perform any other additional task for SLoCaT Partnership.
- Assisting with qualitative and quantitative research projects on various topics relating to sustainable transport;
- Preparing and checking collected information on the global development of sustainable transport;
- Able to commit to between 3 and 6 months of working full-time in the Shanghai office;
- Experiences with Microsoft office;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Has a passion for promoting global sustainable development through transport;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter, plus two reference in English to Alice yiu via: [email protected]
Note: Only English resumes will be considered