Kaymu is in need of a Graduate Social Media Intern
Kaymu is Nigeria’s trusted online marketplace where buyers and sellers can meet to buy and sell everything. As one of the first online marketplaces in Nigeria, Kaymu offers a new and exciting way for customers to access the best items at the best prices online, and for local sellers and entrepreneurs to reach millions of customers! The transactions are safe and secure and you get to choose where and when the delivery will take place.
Africa Internet Holding is the leading internet group of Africa with already over 1,000 employees in
10 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia.com, Jovago.com, Hellofood.com, Lamudi.com and Carmudi.com. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom and Rocket Internet.www.justjobsng.com
About Rocket Internet: Rocket Internet is a global and leading incubator of start-ups. Rocket has have already built successful companies like Zalando, Linio, Dafiti, Zalora, FoodPanda, and is present in more than 50 countries in Europe, Middle East, Asia, Latin America and Africa.
Nigeria is one of the fastest growing economies in the globe, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Rocket Internet steps in.
We want to create a well-balanced team of talented, truly dynamic and highly motivated individuals with a passion for emerging markets and Africa. We are currently looking for outstanding candidates interested in entrepreneurship and web businesses.
Social Media Intern
The Social Media Intern will play an active role in the development of Kaymu’s online community. The intern will maintain Kaymu’s presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our fan base. He/she will regularly analyze and report on the activity on social media networks as well as the Kaymu’s website.He/she will also assist in maintaining Kaymu’s archive of digital images, videos, and other content. The intern will learn how to reach communities, and promote events or programs through the internet and gain experience in social media platforms and the tools used to assess their performance
• Updates Facebook and Twitter account
• Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with Kaymu.
• Posts updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content.
• Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our Fan base and posts it to our Facebook and Twitter page in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
• Updates Facebook and Twitter accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from Kaymu activities and events.
• Grows Kaymu’s online social networks by increasing fan base and interactions.
• Maintains current information in Google+ and LinkedIn accounts.
• Completes social media projects as assigned by his/her line Manager
• Regularly observes the online activity of competitors, researches and reports on “social media best practices”.
• Completes other research projects as assigned by line manager
• Strong understanding of social media platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube.
• Strong self-starter who thinks on his/her feet to solve problems. Ability to recommend, and initiate work and projects with minimal direction
• Attention to detail, time management skills, exceptional initiative & follow-through skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
• A Closet Geek with Ninja skills would be ideal
• Highly skilled in overseeing daily management of social media content
• Functional knowledge of optimizing social media impact and engagement activities
• In depth know-how of working with digital marketing teams to optimize influencer programs
• Excellent understanding of Internet and social media channels
• A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
• The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
• An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
• This can be a part-time or full-time job for the right candidate.
• Some occasional travel may be required, but it’s fairly minimal.
We currently have openings across several regions of Nigeria. If you want to join the team that’s in the process of building some of the fastest growing companies in the world, please send your resume with subject as “Social Media Intern – KAYMU” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
see more vacancies at Kaymu Nigeria here