Conventional milk cartons are an unbreakable improvement over glass milk bottles, but the introduction of the Tetra Pak aseptic beverage container in the late 1950’s was revolutionary for the food and beverage industries. Tetra Pak — which takes its name from the original tetrahedron-shaped cartons it developed — manufactures and markets food packaging containers, filling systems, and distribution equipment for industrial customers in more than 170 countries. Its coated-paperboard boxes are used to hold dry, wet, cold, and shelf-stable foods and beverages. The privately-owned company is the largest subsidiary of holding company Tetra Laval International.
Processing Field Service Coordinator
Tetra Pak West Africa is seeking an independent & highly motivated Processing Field Service Coordinator for our Field Service Operations team in Processing. The ideal individual must have solid field service and management/leadership experience.
The successful candidate will be based in Lagos, Nigeria and will report to the Field Services Manager who is based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The role responsibilities include:
- Drives the effective scheduling, planning and utilisation of technical resources in the local market
- Drive the resource planning & coordination and execution of planned and corrective maintenance, as well as certain installation projects
- Drive growth, profitability and capabilities in the Tetra Pak Services (Processing) business
- Drives quick issue resolution and ensures that other FSE’s are supported where needed
- Manage customer relations of the business in the market area
- Deploy the full Tetra Pak Services portfolio
Qualifications and Skill Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering
- Technical trade qualification is a plus (e.g. Millwright trade test)
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Service Engineer
- Minimum 5 years of front line experience with customers
- At least 2 years of Team leadership experience essential
- Strong planning skills
- Automation experience required (knowledge of PLC)
- Industry experience in Food Processing required
- Strong technical knowledge of equipment
- Strong productivity and continuous improvement focus
- Understanding of maintenance and reliability concepts
- Demonstrated Leadership elements of Change, Collaboration and Engagement
- Negotiation Skills
- Customer focused attitude
- Excellent communication skills – must be fluent in English
- Result oriented, team player, accountable
- Ability to work independently and handle /drive change
- Drivers license and valid passport required – must be willing to travel
Graduate Trainee – Future Talent Field Service Engineer
Future Talent Programme Technical Track – Field Service Engineer x 2
Would you like to start your career “in good company”? We are looking for talented and highly motivated new graduates to join our talent programme and become the next generation of leaders in our industry.
Our Future Talent Programme – Technical Track is a 1-year programme that will develop your engineering skills and bring you leading technical knowledge in an accelerated way.
From day one, you’ll be delivering results as part of the team and hold an actual position. Your manager will plan the content of your programme and support you in your development journey. You will work in various parts of Tetra Pak and gain experience from a network of Colleagues all over the world. And that is just the beginning of your Tetra Pak career. After the programme finishes you will have gained valuable experience to help you continue your exciting career within our company.
Role responsiblities will include:
- Participate in preparing customer site for installation events, assembling machines.
- Participate in execution of preventive maintenance activities.
- Inform relevant Tetra Pak staff in a timely manner about discovered Technical Issues.
- Participate in the installation of relevant rebuilding/upgrade kits.
- Inform relevant Tetra Pak Field Staff about ongoing service activities as well as of any issues affecting the customer or the quality of Tetra Pak service.
- Act as an ambassador for Tetra Pak at all times, ensuring good working relationships with the customer and Tetra Pak colleagues and that Tetra Pak’s reputation is sustained.
- Execute all work in accordance with Tetra Pak and Customer safety regulations and requirements. Execute all work in accordance with Tetra Pak standards and requirements regarding product quality and food safety. Escalate all discovered food safety, quality assurance and regulatory issues.
- Comply with all reporting requirements.
- University Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Recently graduated in year 2016/2017
- Attitude and Flexibility is key – must be willing to work long hours, overtime, weekends, public holidays and away from home (ad hocly as per customer requirements)
- Extensive travelling – internationally and locally
- Valid Passport and Drivers License is required
The Programme starts in September 2018 in line with global location targets. The position is located in Lagos,Nigeria but you should be able to relocate and willing to travel.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Deadline: 7 February, 2018