Graduate Web Content Support Officer At RusselSmith Group
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
WEB CONTENT SUPPORT OFFICER
NOTE:- Please read the job description carefully before applying to this job.
Unsolicited CVs are not welcomed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support and Monitor RusselSmith’s internal and external websites; manages web pages.
• Develop, design and implement online content, tools and web style standards to ensure consistency, timeliness and best user experience for the RusselSmith web properties.
• Evaluate, test and implement new initiatives, features and functionality to the RusselSmith websites that will advance the organization’s mission.
• Works in the Technology Team to maintain RusselSmith web properties, including such things as maximizing user experience and search engine optimization.
• Manage web content management system and links daily for information posted to websites (internal and external).
• Produce a consistent visual image on the company’s websites by promoting uniform fonts, formatting, icons, images, and layout techniques.
• Analyze site traffic information and report monthly relevant information.
• Maintain direct correspondence with intranet users using email, bulletin boards and chat.
• Provides file management of published media, tracking, and reporting usage of technology
• Providing general technical support for content providers; ensures quality and content of information on websites to ensure accurate and current information
• Maintain cross-platform and cross-browser compatibility so that the website is accessible from a variety of different environments.
• Check bugs and problems, diagnose and fix them
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Proven ability to work with team members possessing varying levels of technical experience.
• Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux, Photoshop, HTML, CSS, XML/RSS, PHP, My SQL,
• Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
• Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
• Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, and so on.
• Extensive application support experience
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
• Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong analytical and data analysis skills
• Good problem solving and initiative
• Good formal presentation skills.
• Good reasoning skills; communication skills; multi-tasking skills and organizational skills
• Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, with an emphasis on web development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities maybe acquired.
• Two (2) years’ experience in web page design, development, and implementation
Physical demands of the job
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
• Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
• Working extended hours and weekends if necessary
• Sitting for extended periods of time
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.