Head, Finance & Accounts At Adexen Recruitment Agency
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a trading company that represents international cosmetics brands and fragrances in Nigeria to recruit a Head, Finance & Accounts.
Our client is an indigenous trading company that represents international cosmetics brands and fragrances in Nigeria.
The Head, Finance & Accounts will be responsible for facilitation and execution of best practice financial management processes and maintain good relationships with local and international financial institutions, government agencies, consultants etc
The candidate will report directly to the Managing Director and be based in Lagos.
• Ensure Proper record keeping of all financial record for adequate reporting
• Ensure all ledgers are reconciled and updated monthly (i.e. Creditors Ledger, Debtors Ledger, Prepayment Accounts, etc.)
• Ensure Monthly preparation of Bank Reconciliation Report
• Develop and maintain credit control Policies and Processes
• Manage cash flow and collections within the outlets
• Design and maintain effective internal control systems
• Ensure Monthly reconciliation of all outlets
• Ensure Monthly business performance reporting (Profit & Loss Account, Balance Sheet, Cash flow Analysis, Sales Analysis, etc.)
• Monitor payment processes (Suppliers, Salaries, etc.)
• Ensure products received and issued are properly documented and are in good condition with secured packaging not tampered
• Ensure accuracy and efficiency in bar-coding and tagging of all received goods.
• Ensure reconciliation of waybill of actual goods received against shippers packing list and contact the supplier through the Merchandise Buyer to resolve discrepancies.
• Issue dispatch instructions to dispatch riders and drivers and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
• Schedule and monitor surface pickup, delivery or distribution of merchandise or materials
• Ensure the processing and reconciliation of outlets orders and their delivery
• Monitor demand and supply of goods from outlets
• Review invoices, work orders, reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
• Ensure proper arrangement of goods for easy identification and retrieval
• Supervise and maintain good relationship with transporters, clearing Agents to ensure quality and timely service delivery
• Plan, develop, and implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities
• Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
• Determine and ensure proper storage methods, labeling, identification, and location of merchandise based on quantities, fabric types, environmental factors and physical capabilities of facilities.
• Prevent inventory shrinkage
•Train and evaluate performance of store personnel
• Minimum of 10 years’ cognate experience in Accounting and Finance
• BSc. Or HND in Accounting or related discipline
• Professional qualifications(ACA, ACCA) would be an added advantage
• Have strong presentation and writing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently without significant supervision. Capable of thinking outside the box
Very attractive offer