Head, IT Risk Management At Etisalat Nigeria
Etisalat Nigeria commenced commercial operations on 23 October 2008 with a promise to deliver innovative and quality services in Nigeria, Since then, Nigeria has continued to witness its innovative services.
Etisalat redefined speed with the roll-out of the unique 3.75G HSPA+ network and It has continued to prove itself an innovative company keen to give its subscribers the best possible experience at the most affordable price.
Etisalat Nigeria has seen unprecedented growth in the Nigerian telecoms industry with 18 million subscribers and consistently demonstrates its core values of – teamwork, integrity, passion for excellence, empowering our people and growing our people to Nigerians as it offers them world-class telecommunications services..
Etisalat has received several awards and endorsements for its quality and innovative services. Barely six months of operations in Nigeria, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) pronounced Etisalat, Nigeria’s best network based on quality of service indices. In November 2012, Etisalat again received another award from the NCC for Excellent Customer Service. Other notable awards include – Brand of the Year award, Fastest Growing GSM Company of the Year, Best Marketing Company, Most Innovative Corporate Social Responsibility Company, Friendliest Tariff Mobile Operator, Best Telecoms Customer Service and Most Innovative Mobile Operator among others.
Indeed, at Etisalat the future is a world in which technology extends people’s reach on all fronts.
Head, IT Risk Management
- Develop and maintain the IT Risk Management framework by proactively developing and implementing an annual ITRM program and conduct periodic reviews to keep it current and relevant.
- Provide inputs to overall IT strategy formulation, lead the strategic risk management vision for the unit and ensure strategy delivery through the application of exceptional leadership skills, network of internal and external alliances and highly developed business skills.
- Responsible for ensuring that overall IT risk profile is maintained within acceptable levels
- Accountable for IT risk management activities/issues affecting the organization and for implementing IT Risk policies, plans and procedures, and organizational structures designed to provide reasonable assurance that:
- IT Risk is well-structured, equipped and aligned to achieve business objectives
- Undesired events are detected, prevented and corrected, and
- IT risks are managed appropriately
- Lead the identification of key risk indicators (KRIs) for the department across all information assets and functions based on current information and trends to provide relevant & timely information for effective risk oversight.
- Coordinate the activities of the IT Risk Council, design, implement and own the Governance, Risk & Control (GRC) program for the department.
- Drives and delivers Business Continuity commitment, support, ownership, accountability and results.
- Design, build and implement standard Risk Assessments, Business Impact Analysis, and other Business Continuity tools and capabilities.
- Drives and delivers effective Business Continuity strategies to support and, in time of disaster, recover the company’s critical business functions.
- Directs the continuous and regular validation and testing of documented Business Continuity plans
- Provides credible risk governance, integrates risk management and strategy execution and prioritizes actions based on impact on reputation and continued viability.
- Aggregates information to identify operational control weaknesses and build a risk management dashboard that is refreshed and published periodically.
- Ensure all identified operational risks are resolved timely.
- Uses behavioral change management techniques to maintain risk awareness capabilities across groups within and outside the IT function.
- Collaborates with assurance providers to provide an opinion on the control environment.
- Carry out other activities as instructed by the Chief Information Officer.
Desired Skills and Experience
- First degree or equivalent in Computer Science/IT, or a related or relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate and/or professional qualification in related fields will be an added advantage;
- Deep knowledge of information security and controls is required.
- Demonstrable knowledge, and optionally certifications in products, protocols and technologies are strong requirements
- Knowledge and experience in implementing globally accepted IT risk, control and BCM standards highly desired
- Nine (9) to Twelve (12) years of combined Telecom/IT/IT risk advisory experience in leading and high-impact role(s) with progressive levels of responsibilities, Six years in a solution architecting & 3 years at managerial level.
- An ideal candidate will have solid experience spanning advisory and industry / operational roles.
- Sound knowledge of internal business processes, outsourcing, program management and the mobile telecommunications industry
- Demonstrate a broad based operational perspective and provides solutions for all forms of business risk
- Recognized risk/control authority who can articulate risk/reward trade-offs clearly and is dynamic, proactive and decisive.
- Ability to adapt well and initiate change in the organization.
- Continuously seeks ways to optimize risks in the organization as a competitive business advantage
- Highly developed business communications skill (verbal and written), team player, change agent, strategic and creative, excellent project management skills and the ability to drive performance, risk consciousness and compliance from all areas within the company
- Knowledge of/familiarity with global/leading IT risk standards will be advantageous.
- Ability to cope and deliver at satisfactorily high levels when under intense pressure
- Exceptional analytical, quick-learning and critical thinking skills;
- Strong influencing and change management skills.