Head, Technical Project Delivery At Etisalat Nigeria
Etisalat Nigeria commenced commercial operations on 23 October 2008 with a promise to deliver innovative and quality services in Nigeria, Since then, Nigeria has continued to witness its innovative services.
Etisalat redefined speed with the roll-out of the unique 3.75G HSPA+ network and It has continued to prove itself an innovative company keen to give its subscribers the best possible experience at the most affordable price.
Its innovation has led to the growth of its active subscriber base to over 20 million. Today, Etisalat has network coverage in all 36 states of the federation including Abuja, the federal capital territory as it continues to build its network and expand to new locations.
In March 2009, the NCC adjudged Etisalat as Nigeria’s best network based on quality of service indices measured by the regulatory body; in 2011 after a similar assessment, Etisalat’s network was once again rated best. To date, Etisalat Nigeria has won several industry awards for its innovation and quality service delivery. Some of these include: Brand of the Year, Fast Growing GSM Company of the Year, Best Marketing Company, Most Innovative Corporate Social Responsibility Company, Friendliest Tariff Mobile Operator and Best Telecoms Customer Service among others.
Head.Technical Project Delivery
· Plan and coordinate all Project Management activities within the Etisalat Technical Team, to ensure all Technical projects are delivered within projected timelines, cost, quality and contractual obligations.
· Responsible for implementing Technical Project Governance directives including Budget Implementation, Budget Monitoring and Contract Administration.
· Keep abreast of global and local best practice for end-to-end management of multi-functional technical projects within the Telecom Industry.
· Review the unit/ team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
· Identify required resources, personnel, funding to achieve the unit/ function’s strategy.
· Establish and maintain relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
· Work closely with Etisalat PMO & Operational Strategy Department to ensure alignment of all Technical PMO processes and procedures with business requirements and standards.
· Build and manage relationships with diverse set of internal and external stakeholders including Technical teams, non-technical teams and third party suppliers to enhance consistent execution success within the team.
· Build and manage reliable database of project characteristics, documenting all progresses and changes in traceable manner. Ensure diligent update and accuracy.
· Implementation and continuous review of project management automation tools within the Technical Team.
· Documentation and continuous update of all contractual requirements for Technical CAPEX projects.
· Monitoring of Actual CAPEX spends against yearly Budget on line-by-line basis, and providing periodic reports to management at agreed intervals.
· Effective, accurate and timely reporting of Projects to Senior Management. Periodic and ad-hoc reports.
· Manage internal and external expectations in line with project critical success factors.
· Contract management for all Technical CAPEX Projects, to ensure all Etisalat and vendors’ activities on projects are in line with Contract Terms and Conditions.
· Lead a team of Project Managers (PMs) responsible for following up and reporting on all Etisalat Technical Projects, end-to-end.
· Work with Technical Functional Heads to ensure quality milestones are identified on projects. Ensure PMs identify and embed agreed milestones in project deliverables.
· Establish and maintain framework for coordinating TPMO activities with Functional Teams and Subject matter experts in the resolution of issues on assigned projects.
· Ensure PMs co-ordinate PAT for all Network elements deployed, facilitate snags clearance where applicable and ensure proper handover to the Network Operations team; confirm RFS, PAC status based on actual project deliverables and perform project closure activities when all project objectives have been accomplished.
· Work with functional teams to identify, analyse, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks throughout project lifecycle and during conceptualization phase.
· Ensure timely communication of project status, risk, and escalations to Project Sponsor and Project Steering Committee
· Implement the function’s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
· Plan and manage the human and material resources of the team/ function to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
· Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate’s performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
· Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the unit/function.
· Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, Network Deployment.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Network Deployment
· First degree or equivalent in a relevant field of Engineering.
· Postgraduate/ professional qualification in Project Management will be an added advantage.
Experience,Skills & Competencies
· Ten (10) to twelve (12) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a managerial role.
· High level of computer literacy and a good level of articulation, thoroughness and rigor.
· Certification by a global project management institution (eg PMP, PRINCE2), or MSC degree will be an advantage.
· Profound knowledge of managing multi-functional projects, with track record of successful completion of projects, end-to-end.
· Must demonstrate good understanding of GSM Technology including Transmission, Core and Access Networks.
· Ability to operate successfully in a dynamic, complex and fast moving environment.
· Interpersonal and Collaborative problem solving skills.
· Must have good computer skills in handling MS Office packages such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio etc.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Financial Management skills.
· Verifiable Leadership skills.
· Highest ethical standards.