Head, Teller At A Commercial Bank In Nigeria Via FITC Nigeria
FITC Nigeria was established in 1981 as a non profit organization limited by guarantee, based on the Company’s Act of 1968, in response to the recommendations of the Pius Okigbo Committee set-up by the Federal Government of Nigeria to review the Nigerian financial system. It is owned by the Banker’s Committee, which comprises of the Central Bank of Nigeria, the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation, all licensed banks and discount houses in Nigeria.
Our client, one of the commercial banks in Nigeria, is looking for young, vibrant, and intelligent men and women to fill the available position below:
- The prospective candidate would be responsible for coordinating cash activities with a view to ensuring timely processing of transactions over the counter; ensure adequate controls are maintained in transaction processing in order to minimize the risk of losses from frauds and robberies, and also ensures courteous disposition of Tellers.
The candidate will be required to ensure:
- Efficient supervision of all tellering activities;
- Ensure prompt and accurate consummation of all transactions within the bank’s approved turnaround time;
- Efficient management of cash holding and vault administration;
- Provide effective service support need for the tellers to ensure that teller cubicles are manned and functional at all times;
- Ensure that branch ATMs are functional at all times and that the ATM does not run out of cash;
- Maintenance of up-to-date cash tellers’ proofs and vault registers;
- Efficient crowd management in the banking hall; Ensure the branch maintains cash holdings within the approved Cash on Premises limit.
- Candidate must have a BA/B.SC in any discipline with a minimum of Second Class -Lower or HND Upper Credit with an MBA/ACA/CIBN.
- In addition he/she should have at least 3years experience in tellering function in the banking industry.
- Candidate must possess good knowledge and understanding of Teller operations; have excellent customer service capabilities; have high level of integrity/Sense of Responsibility;
- Basic Accounting knowledge Analytical Skills/;
- Problem solving skills Paying attention to details;
- Good Interpersonal Skills Fast and error free processing;
- Team building / conflict management.