Hewlett Packard (HP) Is Recruiting Experienced Graduates
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company and ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. And at HP, we know that our people and values are the most important elements in this success.
Technology Services Sales Consultant
The candidate will be responsible in building, enhancing and managing the sales pipeline for the infrastructure solutions of the Technology Service Business Unit. The solutions may be categorized as follows:
- Network solutions including switching and routing, unified communication, datacenter networking solutions and network security.
These solutions are based on HP and Cisco and other vendors’ equipment.
- Data center solutions including consolidation, virtualization and automation of the data center environment. These solutions enable the customers to optimize their infrastructure from a cost and performance point of view and to make it more flexible and adaptive to business needs.
- Microsoft and security infrastructure solutions, including HP, Microsoft and third vendors’ products.
- HP training and education solutions.
- Any other consulting services and solutions that are based on HP and Multi-Vendor infrastructure.
The candidate will focus on the services and support part of the above solutions
- Opportunistically develops consulting engagements focusing on profitable business growth and development of the client partnership.
- Show consistent work rate via pipeline management – New and existing opportunities
- Time management and principles on achieving Sales targets i.e.: Monthly, Quarterly and Annual targets
- Attainment of target goals within different –vertical’s of the Technology Consulting portfolio.
- Develops opportunities within set clients that require turnkey technology solutions that involve the Technology Consulting approach.
- Understands the portfolio with the 4 pillars of Consulting – Data Center Consulting, Storage, Networking and Education
- Participates as a sales team member in TSC account planning.
- Builds and develops Key relationships within account base – Relationships with C level.
- Contribute to enduring executive relationships that establish HP’ consultative professionalism and promote its total solution capabilities
- Engages with all Business units within Hewlett Packard to provide the client with entire overview of what HP has to offer.
- Proposal development with a high emphasis on accuracy and intelligence that will be presented to clients.
- Build and maintain partnerships with other OEMS, Distributors and Channel partners which will facilitate building a stronger pipelines.
- Typically qualifies deals of moderate complexity with a single GBU opportunity.
- Participate in investment decisions.
- Act as a point of contact to the client during delivery.
- Approximately <= $6M per Year order target
- Average new business deal size <$1M
Education and Experience Required:
First level University degree a plus.
Typically 5-7 years experience working in a solution selling organization and/or system integration projects based organization. Preferable experience in an IT services organization in a client facing role with business development as part of the responsibility. Knowledge of core Project Management methods.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Intensive level of vertical industry knowledge in one of the key industry IT domains.
- Intensive vertical solution expertise, Cross BU selling
- Excellent customer knowledge and key relationship building skills.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies
- Moderate level of consultative approach, solution selling and business development skills.
- Moderate knowledge of Cloud, Security, Mobility and WAN optimization solution selling
- A key understanding of how the above mentioned technologies fit together to provide a holistic solution and selling experience to the end user.
- Account infiltration by consulting to upsell in to existing client base
- Ability to identify Consulting opportunities within new and existing client base
- Moderate knowledge of the IT and integrator market space.
Method of Application