Job Title: Houseperson (houseman)
Job Overview: Performs any combination of the following tasks to maintain guestrooms, working areas, and the hotel premises in general in a clean and orderly manner. Assisting Room Attendant to clean guest rooms as assigned ensuring the hotel’s established standards of cleanliness. Responsible for reporting any maintenance deficiencies and handling guest’s requests or complaints. Ensure the confidentiality and security of all guest rooms.
Reports To: Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager of Housekeeping / Director of Housekeeping.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Follow all standards specified in the Housekeeping Standards include;
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Cleans carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner, broom and carpet machine as it needed.
- Deep cleans (Pulls) entire rooms, hallways, and restrooms.
- Washes walls and ceiling, move furniture’s and turn mattress.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floor.
- Dust and polishes metalwork.
- Collects soiled linen for laundering.
- Received linen supplies from floor shoots.
- Maintains housekeeping carts.
- Removes trash collected by room attendants.
- Walk all assigned floors at beginning and end of shift to collect Newspaper recycle bins, newspapers, trash, soiled linen.
- Pickup clean linen and refill the par stock of linen on each floor pantry if it needed.
- Refill the par stock of guest amenities and supplies on each floor pantry if it needed.
- Help room attendants with the heavy lifting when deep cleaning/pulling of rooms.
- Clean all service and hallway areas in the prescribed manner while following department standard operating procedures.
- Assist room attendants with placing bed boards, roll-ways beds, extra bed and requested housekeeping items and traces etc.
- Report missing/found articles, damage or merchandise problems to the housekeeping supervisors, Engineering, or guest relations.
- Respond at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and other colleagues.
- Take up any tasks assigned by the supervisors as and when needed.
- Return and restock cart at end of shift as well as empty vacuum bag and wipe vacuum clean.
- Ensure security of any assigned guest room keys and turn over any lost and found items from guest rooms to supervisor or Security.
- Knowledgeable of hotel fire and emergency procedures.
- Other essential room cleaning duties as operations change in the future.Qualifications:
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to exert physical effort consistent with heavy lifting up to 50 founds and also cleaning an industry standard number of rooms per shift (approximately 13-18 standard rooms).
- Ability to grasp, bends, and stoops; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Honesty and Integrity
- Be able to work weekends and holidays
- Be able to meet flexible schedules and days off