HR Coordinator Needed At EHealth Systems Africa
Summary: The Human Resources Coordinator will provide efficient administrative support that facilitates the smooth running of the HR department, coordinating Human Resources services, policies, and programs. S/he provides excellent and timely customer service to employees to maximize the strategic goals of the organisation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for handling inquiries and requests on day-to-day HR questions and general benefit-related matters. Furnishes information from HR files to authorized persons on request (with supervisor approval).
- Responds in a timely and effective manner, ensuring excellent customer service at all times.
- Provides technical assistance to employees using HR systems.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks related to the HR function.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all confidential employee personal files, including end-of-year archiving of files.
- Responsible for daily benefits operations. Processes changes within deadlines (enrollment, changes and termination) related to employee benefit coverage.
- Manages all benefit reporting and billing. Maintains confidential benefit records. Coordinates employee benefit analysis. Researches escalated employee issues. Consults with appropriate vendors and/or external benefit consultant to resolve employee issues.
- Assists in the development of plan design for ensuing benefit year. Ensures compliance with new government rules and regulations and compliance with proper documentation in regard to all applicable laws and regulations. Coordinates annual enrollment process and conducts employee presentations. Updates Human Resources benefits webpage.
- Responsible for the organisation’s leave programs including Family Leave, Maternity Leave, and Workers’ Compensation. Provides information to employees regarding their leaves in accordance with state and national laws. Tracks and reports on all leaves.
- Assists with the development, planning and organizing of health education and wellness programs to meet organisation goals and employee needs. Leads the Wellness Committee and administers the annual wellness campaign for employees.
- Serves as backup to HR Generalist for maintaining and processing accurate employee information on computerized Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Serves as backup to HR Generalist for providing regularly scheduled and as needed New Employee Orientation (NEO) training.
- Participates as a presenter at NEO for information on Benefits, Leave, Workers’ Compensation, and Wellness programs.
- May assists Recruiter with recruiting, testing, interviewing and reviewing the qualifications of prospective employees, as needed. May check references or perform background checks, as needed.
- Completes or assists with special projects and assignments in the areas of wage and salary administration, salary surveys, organisational studies and employee satisfaction surveys.
- May occasionally travel between company worksites for HR employee events or benefits programs.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
High school diploma or equivalent with some college or technical school coursework and a minimum of THREE years of job-related experience, preferably in a human resources department, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Benefit administration and HRIS experience is an asset.
Certifications and Licenses
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) is preferred
Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organisation.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.