The TGI Group is an international investment and holding company with diverse interests. Operations of the group primarily span across developing economies in Africa, Middle East and Asia. The group’s business interest covers manufacturing of fruit drinks, juices and dairy products, packaged food and condiments, production of vegetable oil, cotton ginning, poultry and fish farming, proc-essing and marketing of frozen foods, importation and distribution of industrial and agro chemicals, fish trawling and specialised oil services. The group has been witnessing significant growth across all the business verticals and has become a household name in many of the geographies it operates in with very strong brands and robust infrastructural presence.
- Strategically Partner with Business units to enable them attract, retain, motivate and engage their workforce for the achievement of their strategic intents
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and manage the recruitment process in the company
- Design the selection matrix for choosing the optimum recruitment source
- Monitor and manage the recruiting metrics (time to fill and cost per hire)
- Conduct recruitment planning meeting and manpower planning
- Conduct job interviews for key and critical positions in the company
- Conduct orientation and onboarding for new employees in the company
Training and Development:
- Partner with the HR team to assess training needs analysis
- Develop and implement training agenda plan and monitor training programs
- Partner with the HR team to select and contract external training program
Manage Training Budget:
- Work with training providers and business unit managers to develop suitable content for training.
- Set HR KPIs and objectives in line with organizational objectives and cascade indicators down to subordinates
- Conduct and analyze data gathering for succession planning
- Develop and implement an effective programs for workforce retention, promotion and succession planning
- Conduct and manage the annual performance appraisal system
- Conduct gap analysis between existing and required competencies on an on-going basis in order to bridge any identified gap.
- Bridge management and employee relations by effectively addressing demands, grievances and other industrial relation matters.
- Make policy recommendations to Management when necessary to improve HR policies, processes, procedures and evaluate the effectiveness of policies.
- Partner with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures. Programs and laws
- Conduct investigation and disciplinary when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth
- Ensure cordial atmosphere and acceptable workplace practices for smooth industrial relations that will facilitate work processes.
- Liaise with legal department in ensuring effective labour management/practices and ensure statutory compliances that are related to factory act and other labour laws.
Compensations & Benefit:
- Supervise salary/wages preparations and administration of both permanent and temporary staff and ensure that payment meet agreed dates.
- Assist employees with any insurance claim issues
- Responsible for collaboration of employee details for insurance and assisting with the process involve in the payment of insurance premium
- Recommend changes or improvement to benefits within the company
- Any other HR task assigned by the Group HRD as the need arises.
- B.Sc in Social Sciences or related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in HR operations
- Certification in HR Proficiency Courses e.g. CIPM, SHRM, HRCI etc.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft application tools
- Sound Knowledge of HR Data and Interpretation
- Solid Knowledge of HR Management
- Good People Management skills
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate a professional and commercial approach to HR to deliver high employee satisfaction.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their application with an updated CV to: [email protected]
Deadline: 5 March, 2018