HSE Inspector Needed At Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries. The senior management and staff of DBESL have more than twenty years (20 years) experience in successfully operating in the Sub-Saharan African market, during which we have created innovative, user friendly solutions that have opened up new markets and increased the profitability of our clients. We provide a one-stop solutions shop to challenges experienced by our clients including the following:
- Structuring of partnerships and relationships between local companies and foreign/technical partners,
- Assistance with permits, business development and understanding of contracting terms and and conditions, as well as sourcing for human resource personnel,
- providing training/capacity development required to operate within best business practice, even in tough business environments.
The FPSO HSE Inspector will report on permanent basis to FPSO HSE Supervisor. The role will also have functional reporting line to the FPSO HSE Superintendent and FPSO HSE Manager. Be based at Construction yard in Various locations in Lagos, the SERVICEholder will have responsibility to monitor the implementation of Company HSE Project HSE requirements and the SHI HSE Project procedures.HSE and Security is given the first priority throughout all phases of the FPSO and that corresponding requirements are properly implemented by all involved.
The SERVICE holder is directly responsible to:
• Ensuring at least 90%availability on site, patrolling to identify unsafe acts and unsafe conditions.
• Ensuring that hazards in workplace are properly identified and corrected immediately where possible, or reported to Company and Contractor management.
• Ensuring that all activities carried out on site are duly approved by Contractor’s PTW system and an approved Work Order is issued.
• Ensuring that JSA is conducted for all critical activities and that the hazard control measures are in place before commencement of work.
• As may be required, participate in Risk Assessment reviews. PTW administration, site tours or any other Contractor HSE supervision function.
• Perform HSE inspection of work sites and issue daily report to Company through the HSE Supevisor.
• Stop every activity that can lead to an incident or injury of personnel and ensure that the risk is controlled before work resumes.
• Closely follow up with the implementation of HSE procedures on construction sites of contractors and subcontractors.
• Participate in daily toolbox meetings with the contractor’s HSE supervisors on site.
• Advise Company HSE Supervisor on resources and materials required for adequate coverage of HSE supervision of site.
• Monitor the implementation and close-out of HSE actions from anomaly reports, inspection and audits of contractor and subcontractor sites assigned.
• Ensure that contractors and sub-contractors comply with all the relevant HSE requirements as per Contractor’s HSE procedures, Company HSE expectations and other relevant international regulations and standards.
• When designated, participate in incident investigations and ensure that relevant information is obtained from sources.
The SERVICE holder shall be fully accountable and directly responsible for:
• Participate when designated, frequent site visit and workshop around sites when required.
• Assist in the full implementation of approved Project HSE Plan and contractual HSE requirements in all activities of the FPSO Package by company team, contractor and subcontractors.
• Assist HSE Supervisor on safety and security awareness and promotion of best practices with adequate emphasis on COMPANY Golden Rules.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Degree in Engineering or Safety Related Certification.
• Minimum 5 years working experience in the Oil and Gas production projects, with minimum 3 years on position(s) of similar HSE responsibilities. Experience in shipyard recommended.
• Thorough knowledge of risk assessment techniques, SERVICE safety analysis.
• Administrative skills including proficiency in typical office applications (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
• Fluent in English and ability to communicate well at all levels within the Company.
• Geographical mobility.