Hubmart Stores Limited is a retail shopping chain of Nigerian heritage, offering multi-format stores in various locations and positioned to offer customers world-class shopping experience as well as a vast range of products. Our unique value proposition lies in our excellent customer service as well as our superior capabilities in the fresh categories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Service and Checkout Manager
- Champions Company and Department’s customer service and ensures that all customers receive fast, friendly, accurate checkout service by passionately implementing the spirit of customer service as a code of conduct in the department.
- Responsible for leading the successful operation of the Checkout department. The CM is responsible for creating a team environment throughout Checkout department where cashiers are trained and developed to ensuring Customers receive consistently superior Customer Service.
- Ensure strict compliance with work ethics and standard operating procedures for customer engagement to ensure no an enjoyable customers’ end of shopping experience.
- Ensure the Maintenance of integrity at all levels of work engagement both with colleagues and customer.
Team Management and Supervision:
- Ensuring the early/timely resumption of team before the start of their shift.
- Approve and communicate the various roasters to team.
- Ensure the adherence of all the cashiers to the various roasters – shift roaster; off-duty roaster, leave roaster etc., maintained by the department.
- Conducting periodical checks on the cashiers logged in all checkout stations to ensure the proper processing of all transactions by the cashiers in line with the laid down guidelines for same.
- Ensuring proper documentation of the cashiers’ transactions on the billing system to avoid any sharp practices and log off the cashiers at the close of their shift or for urgent purpose for excuse.
- Ensure the cashiers secure all the items in their checkout station before logging them out when there is need to leave before their closing time.
- Ensure the cashiers evacuate all their bills, coupons, tenders, tenders and their credits before logging them out at the end of their shift.
- Confirm and correct issues of mistake, errors and malfunctions resulting from cashiers’ transactions while verifying the nature of the issue either as a deliberate or mistaken action of the cashier.
- Crosschecking and approving cashiers’ planning for weekends, public holiday and other important days.
- Ensure communication of all strategic information as passed by management to the team members promptly and accurately.
- Hold regular briefings with team so as to orientate on new trends, discuss periodic targets and mandates and get feedbacks on work related issues from team.
- Ensure the enforcement of discipline in the checkout area by all team members.
- Coordinate the training and evaluation of new cashiers.
Team performance management:
- Checkout stations management.
- Ensure planning, stocking and maintaining the availability of consumables at all the Checkout stations.
- Ensure the continuous stocking and availability of consumables such as shopping bags; thermal printing roll; POS printer roll etc.
- Ensure the availability of lower monetary denominations (change) to all the cashiers properly checked in at all checkout stations and the documentation for same.
- Ensure the even distribution of cashiers on the checkout stations for easy asses by customers from all points.
- Ensure even distribution of customers along the functioning billing stations by controlling/directing the traffic at the checkout area.
- To file periodically reports on all checkout related issues such as; sales return slips from the cashiers; void transactions; code related issues; customer complaint issues etc. and forward same to appropriate superiors.
- Ensure regular return of leftovers/customer unpurchased items back to the shelves/original department and no leftover or customer unpurchased items at the checkout area at closing time.
- Ensure gift vouchers/coupons/credit customers entered in system in right account.
- To assess and process all cases of complaint presented by customers and where necessary process returns.
- Ensure minimum cases of sales returns, void transaction, zero value, minimum value bills.
- Help analyse cash shortage statements at regular intervals.
- Have thorough & complete knowledge of clearing work stations with password protection.
- Ensure prompt evacuation of shopping Baskets and Trolleys, and return to the customer entrance.
- Ensure always that customers are welcomed by self and team.
- Ensure that self and team always carry smile when dealing with customer.
- Ensure that team members always excuse themselves whenever there is need to leave their checkout station before ending the service session with a customer.
- Exchanging pleasantries and chatting customer up to ease the tension of waiting by a customer for his/her turn.
- Assist customers on information/location of items and address customer questions and complaints.
- Assist in promoting new store products and Assists sales associates in closing sales.
- Customer queries are recorded, followed up and resolved
- Customer exchanges, returns, refunds are handled quickly and efficiently.
- Addresses customer questions and complaints.
- Maintain a record of all customer queries, follow up and ensure all cases are resolved.
- Answers store phone and provides information or transfers callers accordingly.
- Ensure all cashiers are aware of promotional products, prices, location and duration.
- Assist to ensure that all checkout cash shortages are tracked and investigated.
- Coach team to be passionate and knowledgeable about the products in the store, showing them how to enjoy interacting with customers by role modelling great service.
- Analyze customer feedback and trading patterns in order to be able to pre-empt customer needs thereby driving sales and creating a great atmosphere.
- Being knowledgeable around the customer shopping patterns to enable the department to provide the checkout offer of their choice.
- Verify and approve refunds and returns processed by team.
- Refer customers to sales associates as necessary.
- Treat and Report to Store Manager complaints and problems, and refers customers to manager when needed.
- Assist in Promoting new store products.
- Cross-examine and test newly trained/inducted cashiers.
- Answers store phone and provides information or transfers callers accordingly.
- Takes note of suspicious behavior of customers or employees and reports this to managers as needed.
- Ensure sufficient staffing according to analysed sales trends and customer needs.
- Regular briefing with team to communicate new trends and management information.
- Conduct periodical customer service training, product knowledge.
- Ensure that all cashiers are aware of promotions, products, prices, location and duration.
- Discus daily reports on tills and cashier conduct and points for corrections.
- Discuss issues noticed during spot checks on checkouts stations and cashier conduct.
- Coordinate end of day procedure with team.
- Coordinate with team on Log in/log out of the cashiers with team.
- Ensure checkouts are closed, cashed up and end of day system is run in a staggered method so as to ensure no disruption to customer’s end of shopping experience.
- Ensure staff scheduling is planned so as to meet customer requirements at all times.
- Supervise/conduct periodic and varied spot checks on cashier’s money.
Qualification & Experience
- Minimum qualification of First Degree (HND, B.A., B.Sc., B.Eng. or its equivalent), while additional qualifications (MBA, MSC, MA, ML) and/or membership of professional bodies an added advantage.
- Minimum of 05-6 (Five-Six) years of cognate experience.
- Communication skills that allow you to inform, help and advice customers clearly and to liaise Effectively with other professionals
- Listening skills, to understand exactly what customers require
- Problem-solving skills
- Confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy, when dealing with difficult situations
- Motivational skills and an ability to supervise and lead a team of customer service assistants
- Creative thinking, to be able to come up with new ideas to improve customer service standards
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Organizational and planning skills to develop customer service policies
- Good personal presentation, especially when working with customers face-to-face
- A commitment to improve your own customer service skills on an ongoing basis.
- Stern, Disciplined, assertive and Firm
- To provide our Customers the best Shopping Experience;
- To meet the expectations of our Stakeholders through a highly motivated team.
- Develops strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, and increase profitability.
- Maintains store yearly steering wheel KPIs and engage all staff to contribute to store performance.
- Maintains store staff objectives and personal development plans by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Follow and execute marketing strategies, price, promotions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Employee Management and Supervision:
- Ensuring the early/timely resumption of the employees – 15minutes before the start of their shift and their readiness for work before the start of their shift.
- Evaluate and correct where necessary employees’ grooming and appearance.
- Cross-check all the various roasters to team.
- Ensure the adherence of all the employees to the various roasters – shift roaster; off-duty roaster, leave roaster etc., maintained by the department.
- Cross-checking all staff planning/arrangements for weekends, public holidays and other important days.
- Ensure communication of all strategic information as passed by management to the employees through the team-leaders promptly and accurately.
- Hold regular briefings with team so as to orientate on new trends, discuss periodic targets and mandates, promos and promo updates and get feedback on work related issues from team.
- Ensure the enforcement of discipline in the shop by all Managers/chiefs.
- Confirm and approve all vacancies before recruitment is initiated.
- Confirm and approve all interviewed candidates before they are employed.
- Participate actively in the induction and training of new employees.
- Ensure that the change of shifts is well coordinated by the Departmental Manager and chiefs so as to prevent disruptions in the service to customers.
- Ensuring adherence to other daily opening & closing procedures as stipulated for self and team.
- Employee performance management.
Hygiene, Health & Safety Management.
- Ensure employee’s compliance with company’s set standard on personal grooming.
- Ensure the company provided safety/protective clothes/uniforms and kits are worn in the right manner by all staff. Ensure dress kits and PPE (personal protective equipment) are used in line with laid down procedure – always wear gloves, caps, aprons, uniforms, coats, boots etc. by all members of team.
- Ensure that all the work area is cleaned before, during and after use with recommended solutions & chemicals.
- Ensure all the equipment are cleaned before and after use in production.
- Ensure team’s observance of all operation and safety instructions as regards the use and cleaning production equipment.
Education and Qualification
- Minimum qualification of First degree (HND, B.A., B.Sc., B.Eng. or its equivalent), while additional qualifications (MBA, MSC, MA, ML) and/or membership of professional bodies is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6-8 (Six-Eight) years of cognate experience.
- Leadership and problem-solving skills, effective verbal communication skills, report-writing skills, excellent customer service skills and computer skills.
- Ability to identify and interpret origin and nature work-related problems.
- The Fresh Manager must possess a pleasant/pleasing personality and be able work varied hours and days, including weekends, holidays and nights as necessary.
Specific Work Elements:
- Ensuring customers are greeted and provide excellent customer service;
- Inspecting faulty merchandise or damaged products;
- Cascading required strategic management information to lowest team-member;
- Maintaining awareness of current advertisements and promotions;
- Keeping fresh area clean; supplies properly stocked;
- Communicating customer requests to team and superiors where needed;
- Be accountable for work timing of team members and performing other tasks as assigned.
Job Title: Grocery & Non-Food Department Chief
- To provide a wide variety of products to the satisfaction of customers; and with aim of giving an unparalleled product experience.
- To help drive the business in the department by ensuring the availability of all range of product both in prescribed quality and quantity.
- To arrange/display various types of products/items in a neat, attractive and eye-catching manner as to appeal to the customers’ fancy
Team Management & Supervision:
- Ensuring the early/timely resumption of all the grocery staff before the start of their shift.
- Evaluate and correct where necessary team members’ grooming and appearance.
- Draw, approve and communicate the various roasters to team and superiors.
- Ensure strict adherence by all team members to the various roasters shift roaster; off-duty roaster, leave roaster etc. maintained by the department.
- Drawing/Collating/Approving and executing departmental planning for weekends, public holidays and other important days.
- Ensure proper understanding of all strategic information as passed by management to the team members promptly and accurately.
- Conduct regular briefings with team so as to orientate on new trends, discuss floor arrangement, periodic targets and mandates and give feedbacks on work related issues to superiors.
- Exhibit high level of discipline in the work area as expected of all team members.
- Participate in the training and evaluation of new team-members.
- Oversees activity of junior team-mates to ensure that they are working up to store expectations.
- Participate effectively in the change of shifts and prevent disruptions to the process.
- Personal & Work Environment Appearance, Grooming & Hygiene
- Ensure compliance with company’s set standard on personal grooming by team.
- Ensure the company provided uniforms and kit worn in the right manner by team.
- Ensure that the work area is cleaned before, during and after use with recommended solutions & chemicals.
- Ensure housekeeping standard is maintained at all times.
- Ensure cleaning is implemented in accordance with the department procedure/schedule.
- All checklist on Operations, Hygiene, Health and safety standards are observed.
- Monitor in coordination with team stock inventory and ensure the availability of products at all time.
- Ensure that products are stored at right place and under the right condition – temperatures & in a hygienic & safe manner.
- Maintain ideal stock levels per product category & rotate stock(FIFO/FEFO).
- Ensure availability of stock and placing of order immediately they fall below the minimum stock level.
- Receiving of stock from back-store/supplier and confirming the correctness of the quantity and the quality of same.
- Periodical planning & undertaking of stock take.
- Ensure consistent quality, beautiful and attractive presentation all the products.
- Responsible for Receiving along with team members based strictly on adherence to the SOP on receiving.
- Responsible along with other team members to ensure reduction in wastage.
- Accountable along with team members for shrinkage.
Merchandising – Display & Promos:
- Coordinate product merchandise & display: In a neat & hygienic manner in line with the floor display plan.
- Cross-merchandising and space planning and management.
- Stock management.
- Ensure checks are conducted to remove all spoilt/damaged products from display and proper documentation is done.
- Ensure stock rotation (FIFO/FEFO).
- Ensuring pleasing & attractive display & regular replenishment.
- Ensure correct quantity & prices are labelled over promo items.
- Ensure regular update and adjustment of price display especially at the beginning and ending of promos
- Ensure that customers are well attended to and taken care of at all times.
- Assist in prompt treatment of special orders.
- Ensure consistent quality, freshness and presentation all the products.
- Ensuring better levels of commitment to serve customers.
- Ensure all products are brought out for merchandising & display.
- Ensure all products have: correct price tags, with details and date of expiry.
- Ensure to always serve customers in a pleasing manner & cross sell other products.
- Ensure that team conduct scheduled inspection on displayed products to cross-check sell-by dates and remove items with low/elapsed shelf life.
- Ensure appealing composure to customers by providing quality, fresh products in a hygienic manner by self or through team members.
- Ensure that customer service stands foremost, whether serving customer in the front end or producing for customers in the back end.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of National Certificate of Education (NCE), Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or equivalent, while additional qualifications and/or membership of a professional body is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 05 (five) years cognate experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 23rd June, 2017.