Adexen is mandated by a leading insurance group to recruit an Human Resource Manager for its operations in lagos
Our Client registered insurance practitioner established to meet the need of broking services within the country and other parts of the world.
The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for developing the capabilities of the workforce to ensure optimal contribution to achievement of the company’s vision. Also, support the managing director to ensure the effective management and motivation of the workforce.
The candidate will report directly to the Managing Director and be based in Lagos.
• Define strategic direction for the Human Resources and Administration function and develop HR strategies and policies/processes aligned to the overall strategic direction of the company
• Drive manpower planning processes to ensure all resource requirements are based on periodic business plans and are justified vis-à-vis revenues and growth estimates.
• Track corporate, departmental and employee competency levels against requirements; works with functional managers to determine gaps and ensure adequate and effective training and competence development programs are in place to provide staff with the competencies required for success in their current and future planned roles.
• Develop and implement compensation strategy and processes that will attract, motivate and retain the right talent required
• Oversee the career development, capacity development and progression of all employees, with emphasis on those that consistently exceed performance expectations.
• Manage overall culture of the organisation; initiates programs to ensure alignment of culture to company vision, mission and values.
• Prepare Monthly Payroll Schedules and Payslips for all staff
• Produce/provide periodic HR service updates and management reports as required
• Manage the disciplinary and grievance processes within the company
• Ensure the company’s operations, logistics and maintenance requirements are met
• Manage vendors and suppliers of office consumables
• Minimum of 4 years’ cognate experience in Human Resources
• Recruitment and manpower planning
• Performance and career management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently without significant supervision. Capable of thinking outside the box