Roles and Responsibilities
• Review and develop an Organogram
• Ensure accurate Job descriptions are in place
• Ability to develop and implement HR. policies, Policy manual and procedures.
• Compensation and reward system
• Promote workplace safety.
• Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on pay and benefits systems.
• Explain employment standards and legislation such as workers compensation, labour standards and Fair Practice Act.
• Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations.
• Identify training and development opportunities.
• Organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities.
• Process employee requests for outside training while complying with policies and procedures.
• Provide basic counseling to staff that have performance related obstacles.
• Provide staff orientations.
• Monitor daily attendance.
• Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions.
• Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of services.
• Perform other related duties as required
• Ability to work in a Union
• Very strong Industrial relations
• Supervisory skills.
• Team building skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Basic counseling skills.
• Negotiation skills.
• Effective verbal, listening and communication skills.
• Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level.
• Effective written communication skills including the ability to prepare reports, proposals , policies and procedures.
• Effective public relations and public speaking skills.
• Stress management skills.
• Interviewing skills.
• Time management skills.
Upper salary range 80,000.00