The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the camp management, shelter, education, food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
NRC is looking for an ICLA Intern for our area office in Maiduguri in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the ICLA Intern is to learn the systems and processes n the Implementation and of ICLA programme activities in Maiduguri and in the field offices
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- Learning and understanding of NRC’s work and programmes
- Understanding NRC internal processes including; HR, finance, logistics and security standard operating procedures
- Participating in and learning the criteria for beneficiary selection
- Participate in community engagement
- Learning and being able to apply protection principles and implement gender mainstreaming in ICLA project
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken English is required.
- Must be a fresh graduate of law who has not attended law school
- Must have a minimum GP of 2.5
- Fluency in one or more of the regional languages (kanuri, Hausa)
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets is required
- • Planning and delivering results
- • Empowering and building trust
- • Communicating with impact and respect
- • Handling insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: April 2018
- Duration: 6 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Maiduguri. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) career website on www.webcruiter.no to apply