IELTS Examiners At British Council Nigeria
We are looking for examiners to conduct one to one interviews with IELTS candidates to assess their spoken English according to set requirements, and assess written scripts produced by candidates under exam conditions.
|Reference number||IELTS Examiners|
|Location||Lagos, Abuja, PHC, Ibadan, Ilorin, Benin, Enugu and Calabar|
|Salary||Remuneration is paid per interview/script|
|Working hours||Weekend working is usually required|
|Closing date||Thursday 10 July 2014|
Examiners are recruited on a casual basis and are expected to examine at least ten sessions a year at regular intervals.
IELTS examinations regularly take place in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. Therefore, we are looking for examiners who live in, or within relatively easy reach of these cities. We may occasionally run examinations in other cities in Nigeria.
- An undergraduate degree or a qualification which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate degree.
- A recognised qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) / Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) / or recognised equivalent as part of a recognised university award course.**
- At least 3 years full time (14 hours per week minimum or the equivalent part time) relevant TESOL/TEFL teaching experience (minimum one year post certificate level qualification). The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over).
- The required professional attributes and interpersonal skills. Please see our recruitment pack for more details.
**e.g. UK qualifications: CELTA; DELTA; Cert. TESOL; Dip. TESOL; PGCE; B Ed.; M Ed; MA Applied Linguistics. Assessed teaching practice and ESOL/EFL studies at cert. level must be part of the course.
Nigerian qualifications include either a Nigerian 1st degree, an NCE in ELT plus relevant teaching experience and IELTS 9.0. Or Nigerian B.Ed in English Language Teaching (transcripts verify course content), relevant teaching experience plus IELTS 9.0. A first degree plus a Nigerian PGDE or M.Ed/MA in TESOL or TEFL (transcripts verify course content), plus relevant teaching experience and IELTS 9.0. If shortlisted, you will need to submit a transcript of the teaching course you attended.
How to apply
Read through the IELTS Examiner Minimum Professional Requirements & IELTS Guide for Examiner Applicants documents. Download and complete the application and the reference request form.
Completed applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- IELTS Examiner Minimum Professional Requirements (Adobe PDF 16KB)
- IELTS Guide for Examiner Applicants (Adobe PDF 20KB)
- IELTS Examiner application form (Microsoft Word 194KB)
- IELTS Examiner reference request form (Microsoft Word 47KB)