Intermediate designer: Creative Services Needed At Ernst & Young
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
You will experience on-going professional development through our world-class learning and mentor programs, building your global network and our flexible culture. All of this to guarantee our employee value proposition holds true for you – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Our Assurance practice is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements, business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them – sub service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability, Financial Accounting Advisory and Fraud Investigation & Dispute.
A Better Working World Starts with you. We want to build a better working world for you and with you.
Intermediate designer: Creative Services, Lagos – NIG00016
Key elements – what is required
This role is mainly focused on the design and layout of brochures, marketing collateral, proposals and other marketing material for internal and external distribution.
The key areas of accountability include:
- Quality – Adherence to agreed branding/design initiatives. Deliver and maintain a consistently high standard of quality. Apply innovative thinking to design problems to present the best possible solution to the business.
- Market Leadership – Ongoing support and communication to the firm on our design standards. Support the firm’s strategy and contribute towards consistent execution of brand strategy.
- People – Develop and maintain relationships with all clients. Provide continual support and ideas. Synergistic approach and interaction within studio team. Be a valued member of the A&BD team and support their initiatives.
- Operational excellence – Design, production, print and delivery of sales proposals, brochures and other marketing collateral, monthly internal publications (EYe Witness), adverts, function material, posters, original artwork etc.
The experience, qualifications, knowledge and skills needed by the job holder.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in a design studio as an Intermediate designer. Excellent project management skills required.
- Technical training in graphic design with a diploma in graphic design from a reputable tertiary organisation
- Experience and high level proficiency in Adobe In Design, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Flash, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and an ability to engage people in an effective way. Strong listening and interpretation skills. Strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent personal time management skills.
- Proactive, focused, able to work well under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work in an extended team (across Africa) and contribute positively.
- A strong understanding of how graphic design plays a role in executing the organisation’s brand value proposition.
- High standard of both verbal and written English.
- Collaborative – ability to obtain input and feedback constructively.
- Persuasive and diplomatic.
- Strong organising, project management and planning skills: Ability to proactively plan, follow up, manage and deliver on deadlines.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Team player, enthusiastic and willing to share and learn.
- Business travel may be required.
- Opportunities for secondments (short and long term) to EY offices in Africa exist, depending on business needs.
- Flexibility concerning working hours is required.
Method of Application
To achieve their potential, businesses need to continuously achieve and sustain performance improvement in a rapidly changing environment. As one of our performance improvement advisors, you’ll help many of the world’s leading businesses and governments tackle their most pressing issues. Working in multidisciplinary teams, often directly with leaders of major organizations, you’ll bring diverse perspectives to every challenge. We’ll help you achieve your potential by supporting your professional development and giving you experience of working with a diverse range of clients. You’ll have the opportunity to build your skills in one of our focused competency groups, including: Finance, Customer, Supply Chain, IT Advisory, People & Organization, Program Management or Strategic Direction. You’ll also have the opportunity to team with professionals from other parts of the organization in multidisciplinary engagements, especially those in Risk.
At Ernst & Young, we know it’s your point of view, energy and enthusiasm that make the difference. Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job title to apply online.