International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
International Medical Corps has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013. It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in Kano, Damboa , Dikwa and Maiduguri where it is implementing emergency Water, Sanitation, Hygiene (WASH) and Protection programs, and also building capacity of local health systems and structures, ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidates to fill the position of Driver to be based in its Maiduguri, Damboa and Dikwa Offices respectively.
Locations: Maiduguri, Damboa and Dikwa
Performing the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an IMC vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country’s traffic rules and IMC security rules, in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service.
- Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the IMC Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a hand over if another uses the vehicle
- Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as IMC security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non IMC staff sign waivers/disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
- Ensure all vehicle documents and the driver’s license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Inform the Fleet officer of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules.
- Keeps IMC vehicles in a good state/condition and responsible for regular checks up in line with IMC policy and procedures
- Checks daily schedule of his assignment and makes sure that the vehicle is ready before departure time.
- At least a National Diploma holder
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge on GPS device usage is an advantage and reading map too.
- Be excellent in communication skills.
- Be friendly and with sense of humor and direction.
- Ability to read and write in English, speak Hausa , Kanuri languages
- 2 years cognate experience
- Experience working in an INGO is an added advantage
Method of Application
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps via the email:
Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
Deadline: 17 January, 2018