Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) – We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
OPEC is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Energy Policy Analyst
Job Code: 3.2.02
Objective of Position
The Energy Policy Analyst studies, analyses and reports on pertinent energy policies, institutions and regulations in consuming and producing countries and regions, assessing the impact of energy policies on expected oil supply/demand levels for the medium to long term.
- Studies, analyses and reports on major trends in energy policies of major oil consuming and producing countries and regions.
- Examines the changing pattern of geopolitics of energy and security of energy supply and demand.;
- Contributes to speeches, articles and presentations to internal meetings and various international forums.
- Carries out studies on the impact of major energy policy developments.
- Analyses the evolution of institutions and regulatory regimes conducive to collective action in the field of energy industries,
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- University degree in Economics, International Relations or Engineering;
- Advanced degree preferred.
- University degree: Eight years
- Advanced university degree: Six years
- Economic analysis
- Energy policy analysis
- Knowledge of oil market development
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
Status and Benefits
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international.
- In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is at grade E reporting to the Head of Energy Studies Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their resume to:
Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, MCIPR
Group General Manager, OPEC Matters
Governor for OPEC,
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC,
Block D 10th Floor,
Room 04, NNPC Towers,
Note: In order for applications to be considered, they must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor
Application Deadline 9th February, 2016.