Job Opening For The Director of Physical Planning at Benue State University
Applications are Invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Director of Physical Planning in the Benue State University Makurdi.
Job Title: Director of Physical Planning
Location: Benue State
- The Director of Physical Planning in the Head of the Deportment of Physical Planning and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the conceptualization, design, supervision and management of the University’s civil, electrical and mechanical projects.
- The candidates for the post must exhibit considerable degree of competence, responsiveness and demonstrable integrity for the running of the Directorate of Physical Planning of a university.
- Prospective candidates must be proficient in ICT with demonstrable competence in computer aided designs and controls.
- Candidates for the position must be in good health to be able to endure the rigours of the duties of the Directorate and must be such that H/She does not exceed the retirement age of 65 years.
- Candidates for the post of Director of Physical Planning must possess a degree in any of: Engineering, Building, Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Estate Management, Urban and Regional Planning, plus at least fifteen 15 years of relevant experience especially on Campus Planning and Development.
- Candidates must not be below the rank of a Deputy Director of Physical Planning in a University or similar institution. Possession of a postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- In addition, candidates must be registered member of relevant professional bodies such as Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), ARCON (for Architects) QSRBN (for Quantity Surveyors), NIOB (for Builders), NIESV (for Estate Surveyors and Valuers), etc.
- knowledge in the handling/processing of TETFund intervention projects shall be an added advantage.
Conditions of Service
- Conditions of service are as applicable in Federal State owned Universities.
CONTISS 15 i.e. (N2,232,199.00 – N2,875,791.00)
Application Closing Date
5th November, 2014
Method of Application
Interested Candidates are to submit 15 copies of their application along with copies of certificates and curriculum vitae to:
Benue State University
P.M.B. 102119, Makurdi
The curriculum vitae should include the following details stated below:
- Full Name
- Date and Place of birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number of Children
- Permanent Home Address
- Correspondence Address
- Educational Institution attended with dtes and qualifications Obtained
- Working Experience
- Professional Qualification obtained with Dates
- Names and Address of three referees, two of whom must be in position to give academic and professional reference reports
Note: Applicants are advised to contact their referees to send their reference reports under confidential cover direct to the Registrar, Benue State University, P.M.B 102119, Makurdi.
Dr. T.I. Utile