Job Opportunities at Olusegun Obasanjo Foundation
A leading hospitality, tourism and service organization in Abeokuta made up of a guest house facility, museums, a mini wild life park, a youth centre, a family amusement and entertinament centre and a banquet centre.
- Supervise the recruitment, selection and placement of new staff members; induction/orientation of new staff, confirmation of appointment etc; assist in the ongoing task of setting up of proper systems and processes for Human Resource Management and General Services;
- Work closely with the HOD in policy formulation (review, formulation, communication and enforcement of company policies, SOPs, core values- including staff discipline etc); maintain and analyze data to assess organizational performance and assist in implementing improvements;
- Supervise the maintenance of staff records, database, statistics and filing systems; Develop and maintain a database for the efficient filing of relevant official records and documents (electronic and hard copy) Create standard template, forms for different office operations and services;
- Supervise the analysis of staffing requirements; assist to develop job descriptions for all job functions; Assist to implement the office Performance Appraisal System; ensure timely appraisal and analysis of organizations performance in compliance with management and regulatory requirement;
- Oversee the development of staff training programmes and in facilitating delivery of all training programmes and activities;
- Coordinate the organization and facilitation of staff meetings, retreats, workshops; maintain a record of the agenda, minutes and perform follow up actions;
- Provide logistics and supervisory support to different administrative operations such as budget planning, creating budget tables, resource allocation, and the effective implementation of the approved budget, assist in the implementation of financial processes;
- Carry out reporting and documentation functions; Assist with the preparation of necessary reports/presentations as may be required
- Oversee and ensure compliance with standard procurement processes; such as purchases and supplies, ensure updated procurement information about vendors and suppliers , ensure orders are processed and filed, that supplier’s database are maintained and there is effective contract management system; Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency; Oversee the arrangement of warehouse, catalogue of goods etc;
Desired Skills and Experience
- First degree and/or Masters in a relevant field
- Knowledge and experience in operating diverse office practices and processes
- Previous relevant work experience.
- Strong organizational skills, good communication and report writing skills;
- A good team player with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and timely delivery of work
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion,
- Ability to keep confidentiality of records and information
- Proficient in the use of computer (word processing, Excel, Power Point, spreadsheets, database, internet applications; website.
- Excellent research skills
- Proven interpersonal and team building skills;
- Produce tourism strategies and implementation plans for each of the strategies, to develop and promote tourism in the centre;
- Manage the tourism unit and budgets, supervise tourism assistants and tour guides; plan and conduct training for unit staff members;
- Carry out market research, write business plans, develop tourist development initiatives/campaigns with the aim of generating and increasing revenue;
- Develop tourism products, services and facilities to attract visitors; prepare tourist and visitor information booklets, guides, newsletters, brochures etc; provide a range of information about the tourist attractions at the office complex;
- Plan tours and arrange itineraries for tourists and visitors; participate in ordering products and services as well as gift items for visitors;
- Organize special and seasonal events and festivals
- Assist to develop e-tourism platforms, including websites , build and maintain database of tourism contacts;
- Establish and maintain a tourism information centre;
- Prepare and submit variety of status reports on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Desired Skills and Experience
2. Minimum of ten years relevant experience in tourism or related fields, preferably gained in an international or tourist organization in Africa;
3. Knowledge of how to develop information products and materials such as brochures, newsletters, guides etc;
4. Ability and experience on how to develop and implement a marketing strategy;
5. Able to take responsibility and demonstrate high level of integrity in working with all stakeholders;
6. Ability to build effective working relationships both within and outside the organization;
7. Target-driven, initiative-taking and entrepreneurial skills, self motivated and result oriented;
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Very good presentation skills;
9. Strong networking, inter personal and organizational skills;
10. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; must understand internet communication strategies.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.