Job Opportunities At United Nations (FAO-UN)
Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN) is in Achieving food security for all is at the heart of FAO’s efforts – to make sure people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives.
Job Title: Assistant Food and Agricultural Organization Representative (Administration)
Grade Level: NoB, Fixed Term
Contract Renewal: 1 Year Renewal
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Under the direct supervision of the FAO Representative, the Assistant FAO Representative (Administration) is responsible for planning coordinating and monitoring of a broad range of administrative, financial and budgetary activities for a FAQ Representation.
Specifically, the incumbent will:
- Advise the FAQ Representative in all areas of administration and finance and participate in administrative planning in consultation with senior staff and HO units;
- Manage all financial records and monitoring systems of the country office; monitor project and programme accounts; supervise and/or maintain impressed accounts and handle and resolve variations and inconsistencies in cooperation with the FAQ Representative and other related entities;
- Liaise with host Government for the maintenance of premises and ensure that all procurements and custom clearances for programmes, projects and the office are properly requested and obtained;
- Actively support the streamlining of administrative procedures and liaise with other UN Offices in the country for common practices;
- Advise local and international staff experts, and consultants on specific aspects o allowances, salaries, financial matters, contracts, recruitment etc.
- Ensure the compliance with the Organization’s security guidelines (Minimum Operational Security Standards MOSS);
- Coordinate the retrieval, entry, selection and analysis of data from wide variety of sources, including FAOs corporate systems and data bases;
- Manage financial and administrative correspondence and filing system of the country office;
- Prepare recurring reports on programme, project and office accounts; coordinate and provide special reports for budget preparation and audits; and liaise with local banks and financial institutions;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Requirements Education:
University Degree in a field related to business or public administration.
Minimum of five years of professional experience in the field of management, administration, accounting and/or audit, budget or financial management, including supervisory experience and exposure to human resources management.
Working knowledge of the FAO official language used for communication within the country (English, French or Spanish) and working knowledge of the most widely ued local language,
- Extent of experience in the field of office management and administration including supervisory experience
- Demonstrated analytical and judgment skills and ability to apply rules and regulations in the subject field
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in writing and orally
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and with problem solving skills
- Extent of knowledge of UN or standard operational rules and procedures and project / programme administrative management procedures
- Extent of knowledge of FAOE5 corporate systems and data bases, or knowledge of other accounting or financial modules or applications relevant to accounting procedures or project budget management
Method of Application
Completed Applications and accompanying CVs should be sent Electronically via e-mail to: FAO-NG@fao.org and should be addressed to:
The FAO Representative in Nigeria
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN)
Application Deadline 13th June, 2014