Job Oppotunities at Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Drive, coordinate and monitor initiatives and actions to ensure the Bank operates in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations and policies and standards including those relevant to the prevention of money laundering.
• Provide timely regulatory advice and recommendations on key issues (including on Prudential Regulations, in partnership with Businesses and Functions) and proactively monitor regulatory developments.
• Provide guidance on proper application and interpretation of banking laws, regulations and policies applicable to the Businesses.
• Ensure AML regulations, policies and requirements are clearly communicated to management and staff members
• Set control standards and provides advice on the development of appropriate controls for the mitigation of regulatory risks.
• Assist in overseeing relevant administration and licensing as required by the local regulatory requirements.
Regulatory Compliance Training
• Deliver or procure delivery of a program of activities that educates and encourages managers and staff to operate in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policies. Such training would include key Group compliance and regulatory issues, for example Outsourcing, Senior Management Responsibilities and Code of Conduct.
• Manage, coordinate and deliver appropriate training programme to ensure staff members are sufficiently trained to apply and administer AML related controls in their day to day business activities.
• Assist in the development of an effective country-wide compliance culture by promoting the benefits of ethical business conduct and benefits of compliance.
Compliance Monitoring & Reporting
• Establishes and coordinates the risk-based Compliance Monitoring Plan to include relevant ORA, business specific compliance reviews, other functional compliance reviews, routine checks and approval.
• Coordinates and performs Regulatory Compliance Reviews in businesses, branches and functions.
• Ensure all Control Room procedural requirements are met, including PDRs and disclosure requirements.
• Reporting to Country, Group and management on the country overall AML status. This includes reporting of AML metrics, trends and risks (both existing and emerging) for management actions and decisions.
CDD Advisory Services
• Support the business CDD process through review and advisory services
• Develop and maintain country addenda and ensuring compliance with Nigerian legislations
• Update and develop policies and procedures
• Provide deferrals, dispensations and approval where required by the Businesses and Functions
• Use general knowledge of business products undertaken in the jurisdiction to work with business compliance specialists to respond to regulatory questions and to keep the local regulator updated on developments in the business
• Work with the Country Head of Compliance and Senior Management in ensuring that the Bank operates in accordance with the relevant local requirements and Group regulatory compliance standards in relation to KYC/CDD
• Assist country management to ensure internal resources, systems, procedures and controls are in place, documented and operating effectively in order to mitigate money laundering risk. Coordinate implementation of country level programmes and initiatives to enhance AML awareness and effort
• Provide support to business in complying with the new and changing regulations, as well as Group policies and standards
• Proactively drive the development and maintenance of good relationship with internal and external stakeholders at appropriate levels.
• Ensure close working relationship with the business, operational risk and FCR resources and ensure that there is a clear delineation of duties and responsibilities among various parties.
Qualifications & Skills
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.