Job Vacancies At AIRTEL Nigeria
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Snr Manager: PS Core MPBN Planning
This function is expected to act as the lead representative for business, technical and functional requirements in the area of Packet core solutions. The function will define the optimal topology of the packet core network to meet a premium service level and architecture; To evaluate network design and define integrated planning/implementation criteria and guidelines with partners for capacity management and dimensioning of the core network; Also would evaluate delivery of Packet core projects to designed SLAs whilst exploring the most efficient ways to deliver any new functional requirements placed upon the 2G/3G/LTE Packet Core Network.
PS Core Planning and Architecture designed to ensure uninterrupted data service delivery
- Analyze business requirements and processes before converting ideas to solution design of new services; where required research into new technology and development in Telecommunication industry with regards to Data services.
- Liaise with partner teams, Airtel HQ and other departments to assure seamless data network architecture, implementation and deployment of key networks systems through the full delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover.
- Ensure projects are aligned with the Annual Operating Program (AOP)
- Ensure that all PS core nodes are functioning (Enhanced packet Core /Mobile Packet Core (SGSN, GGSN) PCEF, PCRF, IMS) as per the business and network requirements.
Detailed and Effective Documentation
- Ensure that the project related documentation reflects a fit-for-purpose design and compiles with the contractual vendor requirements.
- On concept of solutions proffered and prior to implementation, documentation in the form of SD, HLD and LLD designs should be prepared to include technical functionality, platform design and platform integration with relevant network elements.
- Perform adequate dimensioning, of all MPC/EPC related Nodes – in accordance with network growth and projections.
- Continuously being the loop of the network traffic, licenses, trends and various parameters to ensure the Network elements are operating as expected. Where required, take corrective action with input from Operations.
- Effective understanding of Operational and Business support systems (OSS/BSS) for performance reporting, Key performance indicator (KPI) monitoring and tuning for effective end to end planning of data services.
Expand & Evolve Core Network
- Understand the business requirements and impact on the data network infrastructure.
- Responsible for planning all expansion of nodes well in advance.
- Plan evolution of PS core network to best industry practices.
- Provide consultation services to relevant business units including Liaison with Marketing and IT for new products and services.
- Hold necessary Kick off meetings with stakeholders where/when required.
- Maintain high Team Harmony and Engagement at all times with both internal and external teams and stakeholders.
- Ensuring that the MS/MC partners deliver the projects to the high quality expected first time right.
- Explore new initiatives which meet business requirements by developing and delivering cost efficient delivery plans of proposed solutions.
- Technology assessments and POC trials (RFI/RFP/RFQ). Verification of solutions before roll-out.
- Prioritize self-workload as required to meet the fluctuating demands of business and requirements from other stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Any one of Bachelor/Masters of Telecommunication/Electronic Engineering degree
- Detailed working Telecommunications Knowledge
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- A basic understanding of 3GPP /ITU-T and ETSI standards is required.
- Minimum of 8-10years working experience in large Mobile Network Operator with the MPC or EPC domains.
- Vendor experience – HUAWEI, JUNIPER, ERICSSON, ALCATEL LUCENT platforms and packet core architectures – Including Charging nodes in data networks.
- Experience of the commercial deployment of EPC/LTE, which could include design, test and/or deployment. Understanding of the evolution of 3G networks moving towards 4G.
- Good understanding of interrelated domains functions and working knowledge of the underlying IP technology to facilitate E2E service flow.
- Experience on Ericsson PS core will be added advantage
- Experience of deployment of key network systems through the delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover
- Good project management knowledge
- Experience in measuring and analyzing network KPI ‘key performance indicators’
- Personal Integrity and good interpersonal relationship
- Personal tenacity to succeed
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Highly organized and good at implementation
- Time management skills with commitment to project timelines.
- Self-motivational skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution for supporting operations teams as an escalation point
Manager: High Value Experience
One of the aspirations that Airtel Africa has set for itself is to be the preferred service provider for the Airtel High Value Base. This person is the primary contact person and will be responsible in servicing all aspects of the HV customer needs for the Pre-paid and Post-paid high value customers – VIP, Diamond & Platinum
The RM is customer centric and focused on maintaining high-quality of customer service; develops strong relationships with high value customers to ensure sensitivity to their needs, concerns, and emerging requirements and is readily available to attend to pressing customer challenges at any point in time. Delivery of business KPIs like financials, customer experience, revenue generation and process compliance, is critical to this role.
Premier Customer Complaint Management
- Log/Track all Premier customer complaints and enquiries to ensure closure and proper documentation
- Ensure every premier customer is communicated to on receipt of issue within specified timelines
- Resolution of all Premier customer complaints within SLA
- Close looping of all Premier customer complaints within SLA of resolution
- Maintaining tracker to provide MIS on all Premier customer complaints and closures
Premier customer inactivity management
- Daily health check on assigned customers
- Visits to a specific Premier customer per quarter
- Daily inactivity tracking of >2 days customers
- Alerting Premier customers to new or improved products and services
- Communicating promotions and changes to customers in a timely way
Premier Customer Engagement
- Implement one DYK campaign monthly to assigned premier customers
- 100% onboarding of new Diamond entrants into Airtel premier
- Email capture Assigned Premier customers
- Anniversary greetings to all Premier customers (Birthdays, Weddings etc)
- Driving customer experience of the Customer that is being managed, ensure customer is locked into the Airtel as a brand
Diamond Customer Collections
- Ensure collection of 99% of monthly invoices on allocated Premier accounts
- Ensure 60% of due date collections on all allocated Premier accounts
- Ensure >1% of bad debt Premier accounts
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- A good first degree
- Customer management / service experience post NYSC (no less than 2 years)
- Understanding of the principles of CRM and Customer Management
- Customer Management skills
- Surveys and research and Trending skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills & People Centric
- Strong numeric ability
- Excellent Communication skills
- Report writing
- Understand CRM-CEM, Usage and Retention principles
- Presentation making
- Selling and negotiation
- People management
- Eye for details
- Environmental Knowledge particularly of Corporates
- Service orientation
- Achieving Business Success and relationship management
- Delighting the customers
- Proactive and displaying Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Ability to work under pressure
- Result orientation
- Ability to travel in the course of work requirements
- Good with people – calm mien, good at building relationships,
- Well spoken
- Appearance – formal/customer facing always