Job Vacancies at Jagal Nigeria Limited
Jagal Nigeria Limited (JNL) is a leading design and build main contractor and a key player in the construction industry. We have significant experience in infrastructure and building projects and works across a broad spectrum of sectors, including, commercial, industrial, marine, residential and technology projects.
JNL offers integrated building solutions including engineering, construction and facilities management capabilities. This includes pre-construction planning, project management, design and engineering services as well as general contracting. Our aim is to deliver in all aspects of our operations with world class professionalism and specific emphasis on health & safety, quality assurance, competitiveness and on-time delivery.
- Performs the functions of driving for light vehicles.
- Understands and follows all safety traffic rules and proper procedures associated with the responsibilities of the job.
- Use the vehicle for the functions which had been prepared and determined by the direct superior.
- To provide a comprehensive medical consultation and provide medical treatment in accordance with best practice.
- To provide a timely and quality service to patients.
- To be available during shift roster for medical emergencies and provide medical care as required.
- To manage in-patient cases and provide timely reports to HR or managers as appropriate.
- To manage HSE related cases as appropriate and inform HSE Staff of any First Aid / Medical Treatment cases.
- To provide stewardship, mentoring and consultancy advice and guidance to patients.
- To undertake any other tasks as directed by the CMO or Practice Manager.
Key aims and objectives:
- Must be Registered with the appropriate Nigerian Health Regulation Authorities (Current).
- Must have a Sound understanding of and commitment to the principles general practice, community-based primary health care, and to the principles of occupational health.
- Must have the ability to assess critically ill patients, to formulate an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment plan and to commence its implementation.
- Sensitivity to and respect for cultural, ethnic and religious diversity of our patients.
- Ability to work to deadlines and flexibility to meet variable/high work demands.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- The candidate will provide medical consultations / pre-employment medical exams and occupational health checks when required.
- The candidate will provide unbiased medical advice on patients and their abilities for work related tasks and advise fully if there is medical reasons not to employ a person.
- The candidate must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with legible handwriting (or printing).
- The candidate will be expected to use IT and a medical records system and use of windows based platforms.
- The candidate will be expected to work unsocial hours as per a roster.
- The candidate must be free from health or disability issues, as the role will include periodic onsite visits.
- Quality publications and materials on time and within budget.
- As defined by the Practice Manager or Chief Medical Officer
Key Internal Interfaces
- Human Resources Team
- Administration Department
- Senior Management of Nigerdock
- Prime Services
Key external interfaces:
- Local National Hospitals
- Dental Clinics
- Laboratory Services
- At least 3 years of work experience in hospital or clinic.
- Registered with the Nigerian Medical / Dental Council.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Demonstrated capability to function well in multicultural situations involving suppliers and internal customers.
- Good IT knowledge and ability to use computers.
- Able to work without supervision.
- Knowledge of the oil and gas industry would be an advantage.
- Vocational registration in GP medicine / tropical medicine or Occupational medicine.
- Previous experience in GP medicine, community health and/or Occupational medicine.
- Wide knowledge of health-related issues for both Expat and Local work force.
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant specialist areas.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.