Job Vacancy At Aldelia Limited
Aldelia is a specialist Oil & Gas , Manpower and Project Services consultancy operating extensively in Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia, Africa and South America with Offices in London, Dubai, Brazil, Iraq, Kurdistan, Singapore and Nigeria.
Aldelia is a world leader in Permanent and Contract Staffing and Payroll Solutions providingservices for many of the major Oil Exploration and Production companies including ENI, Shell, TOTAL, Petrobras and Odebrecht.
Our highly specialised recruiters work hard to ensure “best practice” delivery irrespective of what or where our Client’s demands are. We work with our Clients as a partner working proactively on their behalf all of the time, so we are able to respond to requirements with the most suitable Candidates and not just the most available/active .
Chief Mate – TUGS
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist the Master and learn all aspects of ships command with a view to eventual promotion
• Act as the ship’s Safety Officer
• Committed to Safety and Company Procedures in all tasks
• Keep the deck department inventory up to date
• Allocate and ensure that all duties appertaining to deck department are carried out in a safe and efficient manner
• Responsible for ensuring that the ship’s LSA, Fi-Fi, anti-pollution and medical equipment is kept updated and in operational condition
• Responsible for ensuring that all mooring, anchor handling and towing equipment are regularly maintained and in operational order
• Responsible for loading, stowing and discharging of all deck cargoes and cleaning of bulk tanks;
• In charge of the deck ratings and their duties
• Assist physically on deck during special operations such as anchor handling and towing
• Responsible for the training of deck cadets and deck crew
• Carry out crew appraisals
• Carry out watch keeping duties
• Is in charge of the vessel’s chart corrections. Can delegate the task to a junior Officer but remains nevertheless responsible of the corrections.
• Supervise mooring and unmooring of vessel in port and at offshore locations
• Ensure that the accommodation is kept in a clean, tidy and hygienic state
2 years’ experience as Chief Mate on TUGs
Chief Mate 3000 GT minimum
Permanent contract of one year located in Nigeria
7 weeks on/off rotation
Method of Application