Job Vacancy At British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Number: 5066BR
To provide comprehensive and proactive support to the Area Director on a wide range of complex tactical and administrative tasks whilst prioritising and taking personal responsibility for all activities in order to enhance effectiveness. This role will also be responsible for executing defined work projects of moderate complexity
- Manage the work schedule (calendars, visits and work plans) for the Area Director to ensure optimal use of time and resources
- Develop and implement reports, memos and other analysis and communication materials for internal and external use using the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Co-ordinate meetings and engagements for the Top team within the area
- Provide an effective and efficient administrative service to a high level of competency
- Responsible for organising extensive global travel arrangements for Area Director and other Regional visitors- transportation, hotels and visas in place.
- Plans own workload to anticipate and balance priorities, thus optimising output.
- Perform routine transactions such as cash advance, expense statements & retirements as required
- Using electronic calendars the jobholder will be responsible for the maintenance of diaries, reviewing and responding to electronic mail for the Area Director as required.
- Prepare complex presentations and briefings in English.
- Organises conferences (local and global), workshops and team-build events with professionalism
- To develop self through training, learning and development opportunities
- Effectively interface with other Top Team Members and their PAs to achieve targets
- Effective relationship with and Role Model to PAs within BAT and in other companies
- Candidate must have a minimum of BSc/BA Degree
- Self starter, keen and confident to use own initiative
- Firm foundation of interpersonal skills – mature, responsible, assertive attitude
- Excellent organisation skills including excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to establish priorities, maintain confidentiality and work under pressure
- Proactive “can do” work ethic – flexible approach to working
- Good numeric skills to work with financial systems and resolve queries
- Applicants must possess very good working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Capable of progressing to commercial management roles within 18 months to 2 years
- Work experience in a similar role in a leading corporate organisation would be an added advantage.