Job Vacancy At GE Healthcare
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Africa Controller provides technical Controllership guidance to both finance and operations leaders for a specialist area within controllership; and/or provides strategic operational controllership leadership for a Region with some complexity, or has sub-region accountability. The regional Controller may manage team of country controllers
- – Establish standard operating procedures (SOPs) for operational and transactional processes impacting the financial statements, including closing, reporting and analysis
- – Drive consistent and effective policies and procedures during monthly/quarterly close process including account reconciliations, account reconciliation audits, GE Corporate Data Request (DR) submissions, representation letters and adjusting entries.
- – Monitor & Drive GE and GE Healthcare corporate initiatives, simplification projects and integration projects. Provide leadership on these projects.
- – Plan and budget the resources necessary to complete all activities on-time and in accordance with authoritative guidance.
- – Ensure that the balance sheet account reconciliations are completed within corporate guidelines
- – Ensure US, GE & local GAAP finance records are maintained in timely, accurate and complete fashion
- – Ensure Controllership & Compliance of all Finance Activities & Documentation within Local Statutory, GE Corporate & Business practices, policies & requirements
- – Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements
- – Performs quality assurance on all documentation.
- – Research and advise on complex technical accounting issues
- – Support commercial and operations leaders/teams to understand financial/accounting implications of transactions and other matters by providing GE expertise and technical accounting guidance.
- – Reports finance status and key metrics to the Business Regional Controller & Africa CFO
- – Special projects related to internal control over financial operations & reporting as determined by Business Regional Controller & Africa CFO.
- – Drive business growth through simplification processes with P&L and Functional Finance Leaders
- – Participate in annual pre-close, quarterly CFO risk reviews and monthly controllership reviews with key operations and financial management personnel..
- – Partner with GE Corporate Audit Staff and Finance team for internal GE compliance reviews. Drive closure of open audit issues and proactively work to prevent future issues / manage risk. Lead resulting corrective action process implementation and follow up throughout the organization.
- – Perform financial analysis of balance sheet accounts to ensure compliance, integrity of account balances/financial reporting and effectiveness of business processes.
- – Work closely with financial and operational leadership to pro-actively assess and manage financial risk.
- – Identify potential risks & opportunities & and communicate effectively
- – Interpret finance risks & opportunities to local circumstances & present workable solutions
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or other business related field
- 10+ years progressive accounting or finance experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in U.S. GAAP, local GAAP and authoritative accounting literature (i.e. FASB pronouncements) and local statutory
CPA / CA or GE Corporate Audit Staff Experience working in a global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change Clear thinking/problem solving: successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new ideas Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others Confidence/Assertiveness: strong influencing skills Experience working in a matrixed environment Experience leading in a global business environment; minimum of two years experience leading team members
Method of Application