Job Vacancy At GE Oil & Gas
|The EPC Project Director leads and directs cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined projects on time, maintaining budget and deliver quality results within GE Oil & Gas Nigeria. The PD plans, organizes, monitors, and oversees a specific Customer facing EPC project to meet defined requirements or business specifications and has primary responsibility for defining, planning, tracking and managing the enterprise project, identifying key resources and providing overall direction.|
– In liaison with the ITO organization, negotiate and agree Contract Ts & Cs, including all clarifications and exceptions, during the Bid/Award phase.
– Following Award, and through the Contract Review process, translate the agreed Ts & Cs into PL Statements of Work and/or Purchase Orders in order to establish the internal scope of work.
– Based on the Bid model, and in conjunction with the relevant Functional managers, establish the core project team, effectively communicate Project Goals and Objectives within the local EPC teams and also the PL teams.
Job Vacancy At GE Oil & Gas
– Define project start-up priorities and instigate generation of lower level plans and deliverable documents by the team(s).
– Introduce and maintain an effective Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental culture. Identify and record all QHSE, Technical and Commercial risks facing the project, ensuring these are recorded and mitigation plans are put in place and effectively executed and monitored.
– Manages Customer relations.
– Manages external and internal interfaces.
– Establish the project cost model and invoicing/payments schedule.
– Generate, in conjunction with the designated Commercial Manager, all appropriate cost reporting templates and continually monitor, control and report on cost performance throughout the project life cycle. Meet or exceed, margin targets as determined by the Business, avoiding Liquidated Damages (LDs).
– Throughout the project execution phase, effectively manage Customer instigated Change Orders, including their internal price clearance, submission and negotiation, implementation and tracking.
– Consolidate and negotiate internally generated Variation Order on behalf of the P&Ls.
– Ensure schedule, safety and environmental impacts of all changes (in addition to cost) and maximize opportunities for margin growth through the change process.
– Provide a high level of professional leadership to the Project Team in order to meet all assigned program and financial targets, meeting, or exceeding, margin forecasts.
– Lead and develop the project team, fostering Continuing Professional Development (in conjunction with the relevant Functional Managers) and initiates team building activities.
– Develop and implement procedures for reporting progress and issues in order to satisfy Customer and Company requirements.
– Continually review the Project Team performance against internal Company performance standards, ensuring Company requirements in terms of product quality, delivery performance, commercial targets and Customer satisfaction are met or improved upon.
– Integration management.
– Continually identify/capture Lessons Learnt and drive closure.
– Lead the “Project close-out” process.
– Attend and lead Customer / internal reviews as per established calendar/rhythm.
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent from an accredited university or college
– At least 5 additional years of experience in project management
– Oil & Gas or relevant industry experience
– At least 5 additional years of experience in project management at Senior Project Engineering level
– Exposure to high capital value projects in a multi-disciplined environment
|Additional Eligibility Qualifications:|
– Master’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering is preferred.
– Significant Project, Construction, Field Engineering and/or Contract Management experience in power industry.
– High energy level – self-starter.
– Technical knowledge of product lines and associated systems.
– Microsoft suite proficiency.
– Six Sigma training (GE employees only).
– Sense of urgency in dealing with issues and tasks.
– Proven leadership skills and ability to effectively manage a matrix team / organization.
– Ability to anticipate events and develop adaptive strategies / remedies.
– Strong skills in customer relationship building, facilitation, and matrix management
– Exceptional oral and written communication skills
– Strong interpersonal and leaderships skills
– GE Leadership Development program (PMDP, PMLP, OMLP, JOLP, RELP or equivalent)
– Strong business and financial acumen
– Strong team leadership and team building skills
– Ability to drive and manage change in a dynamic environment.