Job Vacancy At Guiness Nigeria Plc
We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Shuttle Data Technician
Reports To: Shuttle Manager
The role requires that packaging operations in Ogba brewery are adequately supported by ensuring zero downtime, carrying out planned and fast-paced shuttling to deliver strategic plan volumes to meet sales demand. To execute daily transactions of shuttle operations to achieve set targets, particularly in the areas of receipt, storage, documentation, reporting, reconciliation and accountability of empty bottles and cases, as well as finished goods. To ensure shuttle operation also delivers warehouse space availability for smooth packaging operations.
This job resides within Ikeja logistics centre of Customer Services and Logistics Department.
Purpose of Role
To carry out daily shuttling operations and Systems, Applications and Processes in Data Processing (SAP)/physical inventory management that will fully support packaging lines in Ogba and Ikeja logistics centre, while ensuring effective and efficient Inventory management standards are maintained and set target of vehicle turnaround time is achieved.
This role handles day to day inventory control of sorted good quality empty bottles and crates, as well as finished goods in Ikeja Logistics centre and reports to the Shuttle Manager
- Market Complexity:
Works across Ikeja Logistics centre teams, Ogba brewery teams as well as with personnel of 3rd party logistics service providers to deliver set departmental objectives.
- Leadership Responsibilities:
Ability to work closely and smoothly in teams to guarantee the effectiveness and efficiency of shuttle operations to meet / exceed KPIs deliverables.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Receive, store, record and issue all inward goods (fulls and empties) and scheduling, loading of all outward goods (fulls and empties) in line with issuance/despatch instructions
- Reconcile physical stock to the inventory listing balance in SAP system daily, weekly and monthly
- Prepare and circulate all periodic (daily, weekly, monthly) inventory reports
- Supervise all 3rd party logistics service providers’ personnel in the warehouse to achieve efficient vehicle turnaround time , improve shuttle effectiveness and departmental targets
- Maintain compliance with statutory, Guinness Nigeria PLC and Diageo standards in warehousing, physical distribution and inventory management
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum of OND or its equivalent
- Computer literate, numerate
- SAP expert
- Good business understanding
- Excellent inventory control skills
Barriers to Success in Role
- Lack of integrity / honesty
- Inability to work and succeed in teams