Job Vacancy At Nestoil Plc For Accountant Position
Nestoil PLC was incorporated in Nigeria in 1991 for the provision of Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) services to the energy and oil & gas industry. Since then, Nestoil has grown to become the leading indigenous EPC provider for major IOCs (International Oil Companies) in Sub-Saharan Africa like National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Shell, Exxon Mobil, Chevron, Total, etc. Our objective at Nestoil is to become one Nigerian EPC firm with international posture, which by dedication to the use of highly skilled, goal driven professionals and unique innovative technology, provide first class service to its clients while making a meaningful contribution to society.
We are recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Accountant
Job ID: OBJCH001
Location: Okija, Anambra State, Nigeria
- Oversee all petty cash, bank transactions and reconciliation of monthly bank statements
- Organize the posting of journal entries and fixed asset activities to the general ledger
- Review monthly trial balance of the general ledger
- Assist in the preparation of operating reports and financial statements in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist in the review and analysis of all supporting schedules and general ledger accounts for monthly and year-end closing
- Participate in the preparation of schedules for annual financial and Medicare cost report audits
- Assist the Finance Manager with preparation and review of capital and operating budgets during the fiscal year
- Assist Finance Manager with projects, new processes and process improvements
- Ensure the timely payment of supplier invoice within contractual terms.
- Assist in monthly and yearly tax calculation and filing, as needed.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required.
- B.Sc Accounting or its equivalent
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Two (2) years of accounting experience
Must Have (apart from the above):
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- A proactive approach to solving problems
Application Closing Date
28th April, 2014
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV with subject tagged “Accountant—OBJCH001” to: firstname.lastname@example.org