Job Vacancy at SABMiller
SABMiller is a global leader in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. Through our local businesses we work in a way that improves livelihoods and builds communities.
SABMiller is passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship in making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients. We are local beer experts, producing more than 200 beers that are mostly freshly brewed from locally-grown ingredients and only sold in their country of origin. We also brew internationally famous beers such as Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Pilsner Urquell, Miller Genuine Draft and Grolsch. We produce our own soft drinks as well as beer and are one of the world’s largest bottlers of Coca-Cola drinks.
We are a FTSE-20 company, with shares trading on the London Stock Exchange, and we have a secondary listing on the Johannesburg stock exchange. We have 70,000 employees and are in more than 80 countries, from Australia to Zambia, Colombia to the Czech Republic and South Africa to the USA. SABMiller is the world’s second largest brewer and every minute of every day more than 140,000 bottles of SABMiller beer are sold.
In the year to 31 March 2014, we sold over 315 million hectolitres of lager, soft drinks and other alcoholic beverages, generating net producer revenues of $26.72 billion and earnings before interest, tax and amortisation (EBITA) of $6.45 billion.
Country Procurement Manager
The Country Head of Procurement – Nigeria and West Africa Cluster Lead will be responsible for the Procurement Operations and Procurement Personnel in Nigeria at International Breweries Plc (Ilesha), Pabod Breweries Ltd (Port Harcourt), Intafact Beverages Ltd (Onitsha), Voltic Nigeria Ltd (Lagos) and in Ghana at Accra Brewery Limited (Accra) and Voltic (GH) Limited (Accra)
This person holds accountability for local target setting in alignment with global and regional Procurement goals. Driving Procurement value contribution and excellent service to the SABMiller business while ensuring compliance with policies, strategies and processes, the Country Head of Procurement also has functional and managerial responsibility for the Local Sourcing Manager and Procurement Specialists allocated to the country.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop and monitor the Procurement budget in the country from a leadership position; acting as a change agent in leading implementation of new global procurement initiatives. You will be managing supplier relationships at country level, as well as the relationships with key internal stakeholders.
You will be an ambassador for procurement, reinforcing and promoting best practice across the end-to-end sourcing process to ensure end users are following proper buying channel guidance. Proactively organise sessions with internal customers to identify further TCO/TVO reduction opportunities, in alignment with Regional and Global Category Teams. You will also be responsible for managing your team in a way that improves and reinforces procurement’s profile and recognition within the internal customer community across SABMiller.
This is a new position within SABMiller Procurement and as such there is a fantastic opportunity to lead changes internally across the supply chain, designing procurement activities from scratch in a somewhat “Greenfield” environment
Categories covered by the role: Local Sourcing / Farming Inputs, Brewing Raw Materials, Packaging Materials, PET / HDPE for in-house pre-form production, QC / QA Consumables, Engineering Spares, Fleet Spares / Consumables, Marketing Materials
Desired Skills and Experience
Who are you?
- Academic background:University/Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering and/or commerce or other relevant discipline; or a relevant combination of formal qualifications and additional specialised study; a recognised qualification in procurement would be considered an asset.
- Experience:Demonstrable depth of knowledge of procurement and Supply Chain Management, with relevant leadership experience in the same functional domain or other related positions, preferably working in an international environment. Ideally you will have experience in a “Greenfield” or similar sourcing environment where you have led or facilitated a major change.
- Language skills:Proficiency in English essential, second language would be highly beneficial.
- Personal: Ambitious and self-driven with the ability to work proactively and autonomously in a complex and challenging environment. Both the role and SABMiller would suit someone looking for the potential to further develop a career in procurement.
- Can apply insights gained from analysis to develop “game-changing” category strategies and combine this with strong influencing skills to gain buy-in from internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Strong Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) skills, able to work collaboratively with local, regional and global suppliers.
- Ability to deliver real value to customers and emphasising results over activities.
- Pragmatic individual with the ability to translate vision and strategies into own and others priorities and into daily work activities.
- Tough-skinned and able to challenge assumptions and influence business partners to director/CXO/board level.
- Excellent leadership skills; understands how to build an environment that enables the team to thrive and prosper, performing at its best and living the SABMiller values.
- Superior change leadership skills, ideally having delivered change in a complex “Greenfield” procurement environment.
Method of Application