Job Vacancy At The African Development Bank
The first thing you will notice about the AfDB is the passion of its employees to help reduce poverty on the continent, improve living conditions for Africans and mobilize resources for the continent’s economic and social development. That is what drives us to seek motivated individuals who share this commitment to poverty reduction.
Our network of leading experts in every field identifies women and men whose experience, knowledge, and talents contribute to improving the quality of life on the continent.
AfDB staff work with governments across the continent, helping them in critical areas of development, from policy advice to the identification, preparation, appraisal and supervision of development projects.
Our core areas of activities include, among others, infrastructure, private sector development, policy advice, gender equality, climate change and regional integration. The Bank Group is deeply committed to anti-corruption initiatives with a view to improving the continent’s investment climate.
We are committed to diversity and strive to hire the best brains from across the globe. Our staff are diverse in many respects, including gender, nationality, race, culture, education and experience and fully represent our member countries.
The AfDB offers a variety of roles suited to your goals, background and talents, providing opportunities to advance, grow and strike the right balance between work and life that is best for you.
Principal Portfolio Management Officer
Position N°: 50001316
Publication date: 20/11/2014
Closing date: 07/12/2014
Manage the cash funds of the organization and the receipt, recording and investment of cash from all sources; make disbursements; prepare short- and long-term cash flow plans; decide the level of cash funds required in the short term in various currencies; monitor the organization’s portfolio of funds on deposit; purchase and sell currencies to meet the needs determined; invest excess cash funds at the best available interest rates; make banking arrangements; provide technical support to the organization’s advisory committee on investments; and complete, record and follow-up on the collections of assessments from Member Governments.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, the incumbent will:
- Provide expert advice to management;
- Conduct field supervision and preparation of annual supervision reports;
- Manage and monitor the portfolio in order to maintain its quality and develop appropriate turn-around, work-outs and restructuring proposals;
- Monitor compliance with reporting requirements,
- Timely-debt servicing by borrowers and arrears monitoring;
- Regular desk reviews and preparation of reports for management information;
- Supervise management information systems;
- Maintain and schedule disbursement processing; and,
- Coordinate studies and the recruitment of consultants in related areas.
The incumbent may be requested to carry out tasks in the context of investment finance and other Departmental activities as required.
- At least a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Banking or related areas, plus preferably a Bachelor Degree in engineering, finance or economics.
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience.
- Ability to build partnerships and deliver results that meet the needs and long-term interest of clients within and outside the institution;
- Ability to work independently and be creative and innovative;
- Integrity and ability to work in team;
- Good listener with demonstrated ability to present and win support for ideas as well as make effective and timely decisions;
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French, and preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
Method of Application