Job vacancy At Wood Group
Wood Group is a leading international energy services company and comprises Wood Group Engineering and Wood Group PSN. Wood Group currently operates in 50 countries worldwide and earns around $7bn in sales. We employ over 40,000 people, and have 5,000 more in our joint ventures. We are committed to providing our clients with the utmost in safe, reliable project delivery. Our goal is to always go above and beyond, exceeding expectations and delivering tangible value to our clients’ operations at every touch point.
Wood Group is recruiting to fill the below position:
- We are currently recruiting for a Delivery Manager on a permanent residential basis or long term rotational basis located at our offices in Lagos, Nigeria.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for delivery of contracts via JWG Nigeria – Dover JV.
- Contracts may include topsides/subsea (onshore and offshore) FEED, Engineering Studies EPC, HuC, O&M.
- Efficient start-up of projects on schedule and budget.
- To maintain excellent relationship with JWG Nigeria board members and partners (Dover).
- To identify local support requirements and interface with UK support hub making sure personnel deployed meet spec.
- To support business development efforts in Nigeria in identification of opportunities and visiting customers to agree scopes of work.
- To deliver an excellent EPC service and efficiently grow the business with high personnel utilisation and productivity.
- To create a “one” integrated team between JWG Nigeria and Dover and ensure management system, engineering competency and service deliver is of highest level in keeping with brand WGPSN.
- Primary interface with others supporting sites and divisions inc WGPSN, WG Eng and WG GTS for in country execution support.
- Accountable for safe, on schedule, on budget delivery of all EPC projects.
- Degree qualified in an engineering subject, or equivalent
- Technical Business Skills:
- A broad range of experience and ability to be flexible in the approach to the role.
- Good understanding of the commercial drivers in our business.
- Intimate knowledge of WGPSN EPC procedures, tools, systems and people.
- Awareness of WGPSN O&M procedures, tools, systems and people.
Business & Industry Experience
- Minimum of 15 years O&G Industry experience including offshore and onshore operations.
- Experience of working in West Africa (ideally Nigeria) would be a significant benefit.
- Experience of establishing, starting up and growing a new EPC service in overseas location an advantage.
- Current or previous experience with WG and good knowledge of all WG division activities and capabilities is preferable.
- Ability to establish, set-up and lead an Expat/Nigerian team.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.