Job Vacancy At World Learning Inc.
World Learning Inc. is a nonprofit organization with operations around the world committed to fostering global citizenship and addressing some of the most pressing issues of our times. Our global presence and decades-long commitment to bridging cultures and promoting social and economic justice make World Learning an exciting and rewarding place to work. Our worldwide staff works every day to prepare people with the skill sets and mindsets to be effective global citizens and leaders of change in and beyond their communities.
Program Coordinator, Youth Leadership & Civic Engagement Pro
The international development division of World Learning has an immediate opening for a Program Coordinator. World Learning is an 82-year-old global non-profit with operations in 60 plus countries. Through its award-winning international education programs – The Experiment in International Living, the School for International Training (SIT) and SIT Study Abroad – World Learning fosters global citizenship by connecting over 3,000 young ambassadors annually across cultural differences and social barriers. Through its International Development program, World Learning practices what it teaches, undertaking community-driven international development, training and exchange projects in sixteen countries. For more information visit www.worldlearning.org
Reports to: Senior Program Officer
Location: Bauchi, Nigeria
Starting Date: January 2015
Position Summary: The goal of the Nigeria Youth Leadership and Civic Engagement Program project is to build the capacity of community-based organizations in Northern Nigeria to independently implement community leadership programs for at-risk youth. The program will focus on English Language teaching and learning, institutional strengthening and youth civic engagement. The Program Coordinator will manage and monitor all program activity in Nigeria. This position is open to Nigerian nationals or current residents of Nigeria.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Arrange in-country travel for program staff and participants
• Promote programs through outreach and publicity
• Participant in student and teacher selection committees
• Mentor coordinators from partner organizations
• Implement monitoring and evaluation plan
• Write quarterly reports describing field activity
• Negotiate and purchase in-country materials and services
• Support grantees in the implementation of training and civic engagement activities
• Assist trainers and technical experts in implementation of activities
• Arrange training venues
• Assist in the production of training and educational materials
• Provide training on program administration to grantee organizations
• Manage field budget
• University degree
• 3 years of experience coordinating training and educational programs
• Previous experience with an international non-profit organization
Fluency in English, both verbal and written as well as fluency in Hausa is required
• Must be a Nigerian citizen or have a valid Nigerian work permit
• Experience teaching English as a second or other language
• Experience implementing organizational assessments
• Knowledge of HICD
• Experience designing and implementing training programs
Method of Application
Please visit our website www.worldlearning.org and click on the employment tab to submit your application. If you do not see the job you are interested in, please “search all.” Please note, a resume and cover letter are required when applying to this position.
Candidates must submit their cover letter (stating salary history) and resume no later than December 15, 2014. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and interviews conducted accordingly. Please reference “Nigeria Program Coordinator” in the subject line. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. While World Learning would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest and responses, only applicants who meet all requisite criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you.
World Learning is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.