Junior Technical Superintendent
SMIT Lamnalco has an opening for a: Junior Technical Superintendent (local contract)
The position is based in Nigeria – Onne/port Harcourt
The TSI-R jr. reports to the Technical Superintendent. The position will be based in Onne and will be required to travel to other zones within Nigeria and the West Africa region as required.
Reporting to the TSI-R jr as required:
- Base Personnel.
- Vessel Staff – Masters & Chief Engineers.
Purpose of the position:
To establish and maintain a high standard of control & management of assets and operations throughout the region to include:
To manage and execute running ‘day-to-day’ Maintenance and Repair (M&R) activities of assigned vessels within the time-frame and budget as set, in order to maintain technical status and maximize uptime of SL’s fleet.
To include but not limited to:
- Actively promotes SHEQ awareness and monitors performance in order to ensure safety standards and safe working practices: leads ‘by example’.
- Executes and coordinates ‘day-to-day’ M&R activities (mainly preventive) of vessel to maintain the technical status of the vessel and to prevent downtime.
- Guides crew on board of the vessels to ensure that Companies standards are met and that work is done as per the guidelines and specifications.
- Ensures that M&R activities are registered in the Maintenance Management System.
- Investigates and analyses causes of defects, takes corrective and preventive actions, in consultation with the TSI-R if and when required.
- Visits and inspects each of their vessels once per quarter, conducts vessels inspections and surveys on a regular bases and reports on the technical status of the vessels to the TSI-R.
- Updates and maintains the repair lists of assigned vessels based on outcome of surveys and running M&R activities, in order to provide a complete work scope for the planned M&R.
- Arranges statutory surveys with Classification authorities and maintains the vessels up to the respective Class standards.
- Ensures full compliance of vessel certifications according to statutory and Class requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least an educational background on Higher Professional Education (technical/nautical)
- Experience on sea as a chief engineer or as a 2nd engineer and in possession of the appropriate certificates.
- Other requirements: analytical thinking, flexibility, good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Willingness to travel.
- Fluent in English.